Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

So you blew up the engine in your BRZ . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd R View Post
    because struts.
    +1
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

because struts.
      Doesn't the 991 still use struts?

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
        How do you know?
        It has struts with a rear-mounted steering rack, 215 sized tires, and a 55/45 weight distribution. Just a hunch.

Comment

Originally posted by pucsicsal View Post
          Doesn't the 991 still use struts?
          Yes, except for the the 991 RSR race car if that tells you something. If Porsche wanted to make a fast car the engine would not be in the back and it would not have struts...

Comment

RSR is still rear engine right?
            -Kevin M.

2010 Subaru WRX

Comment

Originally posted by DutchOven View Post
              RSR is still rear engine right?
              Back Porch, yes.
              WWW.949RACING.COM
              SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
              But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

911's have been multilink rear since the 993 (1995 US Market). It wasn't until the 991 RSR that they moved to double wishbone front.

Yes, except for the the 991 RSR race car if that tells you something. If Porsche wanted to make a fast car the engine would not be in the back and it would not have struts...

Comment

If Porsche wanted to make a fast car the engine would not be in the back and it would not have struts...
                  So true.
                  Jack Olsen - 1972 Porsche 911
                  What? An awesome video about me and my car
                  My Corner-By-Corner Guide to Willow Springs
                  My Two-Car Garage's Very Own Website

Comment

^^^ Emilio once posted that "911s are not fast because of their configuration, they are fast in spite of it." Truer words were never spoken . . .
                    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Engineering triumphing over design.
                      Jack Olsen - 1972 Porsche 911
                      What? An awesome video about me and my car
                      My Corner-By-Corner Guide to Willow Springs
                      My Two-Car Garage's Very Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by redtopz View Post
                        Novel idea here. Want an LS2? Buy a car that comes with one! For example, my buddy's $24k C6 that comes with an LS2 from the factory and nearly 50/50 weight distribution.

Otherwise you will likely suffer the same fate as most guys that swap corvette engines into imports hoping to get faster. You will still be slower than a corvette. My T1 car was lighter than that BRZ with a full cage. 400 hp and 43% of the weight over the rear tires? Good luck with that unless you're into drifting.
                        I'm actually back to trying to put an LS in the 370 after I heard that the same year motor will pass smog.

But that means LS3. So no more "570Z" emblem.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUsnowboards View Post
                          I'd like to see an LS6 swapped into my MR2. It'd come out to around 2,300 lbs, or less, total weight I think. That would be fun.
                          Originally posted by hakeem View Post
                          Not that I am biased or anything, but the FD is the only other car I have seen that makes any sense at all for an LS swap. The platform is quite alot lighter than the C5, the suspension is fantastic, it can accommodate large tires in stock form, the weight distribution remains excellent, etc.
                          Originally posted by ryan View Post
                          I'm actually back to trying to put an LS in the 370 after I heard that the same year motor will pass smog.

But that means LS3. So no more "570Z" emblem.
                          I was just making a point with my "just buy a corvette" comment in that a) it might be cheaper and more effective to just buy a corvette, and b) the engine alone won't make a car fast around a race track. That said, I would personally love to have any of the 3 cars above with an LS6 or LS3! I have a plan of restoring a 67 GTO one day with an LS3 and modern drivetrain. All black with a 6 speed. Oh yeah.
                          99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
                          99 Supermiata "Super"

Comment

Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                            Did Dean Thomas ever beat T1 lap times in his LS miata?
                            Well, T1 would not be a good marker because nobody really ran T1 in Norcal. I think his car was pretty close to today's ST2 hp/wt ratio, but he didn't race it for very long. I'm sure it would have been a fast car, but at the time it seemed to struggle with cornering speed/grip. I can't remember if it had much aero or not. Not sure what happened to that car, I haven't seen it in a couple years.
                            99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
                            99 Supermiata "Super"

Comment

I dream of a LSx swapped FD as a DD. One where everything works; AC PS, etc. I would love a c-100 pickup, with natural patina, that had an LS3.
                              Yer pal,
                              Force

Comment

Working...
                              X