Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

So you blew up the engine in your BRZ . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DutchOven View Post
    "For a balance of 56/43."
    Where did the other 1% go? 43% of the weight in back sounds nose heavy to me . . .
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
      Where did the other 1% go? 43% of the weight in back sounds nose heavy to me . . .
      1% of this car is antimatter created by combining Chevy,Subaru and Totoyta
      Last edited by bawareca; 06-16-2013, 02:42 PM.

Comment

"Only gained 240lbs"?

Comment

^ But remember, we're talking muscle, not fat

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
            I guess many of you already know there is an issue of direct injection seal failure causing engine go kaboom for those who track theirs....
            there is a "fix" with ECU mapping that came out a month ago.
            Not for America... ask me how I know.
            pucsicsal - The fastest unit of speed measurement is not the speed of light, it is the speed of flatout. Hence the BRZs limit.

Comment

Novel idea here. Want an LS2? Buy a car that comes with one! For example, my buddy's $24k C6 that comes with an LS2 from the factory and nearly 50/50 weight distribution.

GI: 2006 DSOM C6 Corvette Z51 - Corvette Forum

Otherwise you will likely suffer the same fate as most guys that swap corvette engines into imports hoping to get faster. You will still be slower than a corvette. My T1 car was lighter than that BRZ with a full cage. 400 hp and 43% of the weight over the rear tires? Good luck with that unless you're into drifting.

I like the BRZ, but it would be better IMHO with an STi engine (that didn't blow up) and better weight distribution.
              99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
              99 Supermiata "Super"

Comment

Or if you really want a cheap car that comes with an LS2 and 43% of the weight over the rear tires, buy a 2005/6 Pontiac GTO for $12k. Flink and I both own(ed) one. They are nice muscle cars, but kind of dated now. PS, don't try to convert one into a race car unless you are a serious masochist.
                99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
                99 Supermiata "Super"

Comment

^^^Yup,fully agree.I have seen countless LS swaps,most of them are fast,but scary and slower(or not much faster) than equally prepared vettes.It is not only the weight distribution but the whole package.Just as an example,not many car suspensions can utilize the full potential of 315 tires,not even mention 315 slicks.

Comment

Originally posted by bawareca View Post
                    ^^^Yup,fully agree.I have seen countless LS swaps,most of them are fast,but scary and slower(or not much faster) than equally prepared vettes.It is not only the weight distribution but the whole package.Just as an example,not many car suspensions can utilize the full potential of 315 tires,not even mention 315 slicks.
                    Yeah, I knew nothing about modern day corvettes until maybe 2007 when I was auto-xing my GTO and started seeing which cars were faster than others. After getting a ride in a C5Z I was sold. They really did a good job with the design of that car, especially the efforts at getting it 50/50 front to back with the transmission connected directly to the rear diff instead of up at the engine. The engine is also pushed way back. The 2 fuel tanks are behind and below the seats. The suspension is very good and the engines are reliable and powerful. There's a reason why they are such a great bang for the buck track car.
                    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
                    99 Supermiata "Super"

Comment

But imagine a miata with a LS7 and this paddle shifted sequential transmission...
                      C6 Corvette Sequential Transmission with Paddleshift - Speedsouth Activepower Racing - YouTube
                      Last edited by b3d3g1; 06-16-2013, 10:45 PM.
                      -Anthony
                      1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
                      2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque

Comment

I'd like to see an LS6 swapped into my MR2. It'd come out to around 2,300 lbs, or less, total weight I think. That would be fun.
                        2001 MR2-Eleven
                        Experience Points: 21
                        Youtube Channel.

Comment

Did Dean Thomas ever beat T1 lap times in his LS miata?

Comment

Not that I am biased or anything, but the FD is the only other car I have seen that makes any sense at all for an LS swap. The platform is quite alot lighter than the C5, the suspension is fantastic, it can accommodate large tires in stock form, the weight distribution remains excellent, etc.

I still agree with Bill though, just buy a C5 or C6. The BRZ is not a great platform to start with.

Comment

How do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
                                How do you know?
                                because struts.

Comment

Working...
                                X