Spec corvette

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ygto1 View Post
    Thanks for the rear brake info. What exactly is included in the aFe package?
    Single adjustable coil over suspension, metal spherical bearings for the A-arms, front and rear racing sway bars with mounts/bushings, front and rear toe hooks. List price is $6,200. Registered Spec Corvette racer pays less than half of that.
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

aFe

Count me in. How does the buy work?

Comment

Is the Wilwood and Trackspec packages ready for purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by ygto1 View Post
          Is the Wilwood and Trackspec packages ready for purchase?
          Yes, Trackspec is ready now.

With Wilwood we need to follow-up because we are not happy with a change of race pad selection they made. We are working on that.....

Comment

Trackspec

How do I get the trackspec package coming?

Comment

Had a dilemma while Ordering my aFe Spec Corvette package today.

Talked to Mark at aFe this afternoon to order my spec corvette suspension kit, which Mark took the time to explained everything that is included in the kit. Awesome Package especially for the
              price. He then told me they had the sway bars and shocks in stock, but they have to make the bushings and camber plates, which will be made and shipped next week. Here is my Dilemma?
              Mark then asked me if I wanted him to send the sway bars and shocks now or wait until everything is ready? Hmmmmmm! (like a kid at Christmas my first thought was send what you
              have, but my second thought was easier to talk my way out of one big package then several small ones). Can't wait to get the package installed. Thanks to Oli and John for starting
              Spec Corvette, and to all the current sponsors and future sponsors. I look forward to Spec Corvette growing!

Comment

My personal Spec Corvette has the cage installed. It is now getting the paint treatment.

Rear cage view

Here is the Facebook page with a full set of unpainted photos.
                https://www.facebook.com/ThorVette22...type=3&theater

Comment

Wow, that escalated quickly! What has it been, 45 days since the series was announced?
                  2002 Porsche 911 Targa
                  1967 GTV
                  1991 Mazda SuperMiata - Junior
                  2008 350z - Sold

FastInFastOut.com

Comment

There are 14 cars in SoCal in various stages of build right now.

Comment

In process Corvette cage log jam! 2 getting done with more coming in next week!

Click image for larger version

Name:	corvette log jam.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	232608

Comment

So anyone interested must hold competition credentials before getting discounts to from sponsors to start there build? I realize this is a West coast series as of this point but I imagine it will spread quickly!
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NYFrank View Post
                          So anyone interested must hold competition credentials before getting discounts to from sponsors to start there build? I realize this is a West coast series as of this point but I imagine it will spread quickly!
                          Thanks
                          No, you don't need to hold a current race license, but there is a short qualification process you must answer that is really easy if you already own your Spec Corvette car you plan to build.

We realize many new racers are coming from the track day ranks and they need to build the car before they can do the race class or do the race license approval check-out.

Comment

Registration Process

Originally posted by NYFrank View Post
                            Thanks
                            Hey Frank,
                            Great question! We have a formalized (yet very informal) process for qualifying as a registered SPEC Corvette racer. Please visit SPEC CORVETTE Registration

Just a few questions about you and your current vehicle status. Once submitted, the application will go thru the approval process with the board members. When approved, you will receive a welcome email with all of the info on the ordering process, pricing, etc. Its very straight forward. Lots of great deals to make this budget build happen.

Please let us know if you have any other questions and hope to see you on grid!

John

Comment

I call dibs on the first Spec Corvette for sale on the secondary market.

Too many projects going to build my own right now, and can't afford to pay someone to do it.

Sounds like so much fun!

craZee

Comment

Working...
                              X