Comment

Originally posted by Dino Antonov View Post
      HA!
      Originally posted by hakeem View Post
      All I can say is: LOL
      They see me rollin'.....they hatttinnnn
      Do you understand?

Comment

Have you actually driven one ? Street or track ?

Easiest way is buy a 996 GT3 and take it to track. Less headache and it really is fast.
        S1 Supermiata - 220whp
        13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
        17 GT350R
        03 Miata Club Sport
        96 NSX
        06 EVO MR
        15 Mini Cooper S
        Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
          Have you actually driven one ? Street or track ?

Easiest way is buy a 996 GT3 and take it to track. Less headache and it really is fast.
          996 GT3 you are saying is going to cost the same?

I must have really messed up on the priorities here......lol
          Do you understand?

Comment

Originally posted by tq3z View Post

I'm guessing in the neighborhood or $55K to $60K. But it's not air cooled, all you purists!

Here's one, nice color . . .

Cars for Sale: 2004 Porsche 911 GT3 in Morgan Hill, CA 95037: Coupe Details - 331498479 - AutoTrader.com
            Last edited by Richard EVO; 08-15-2013, 08:55 PM.
            The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
            1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

I have a track prepped 1997 993 c2 I'd be willing to sell for $37k. I will provide additional details if the price and year suit what you might be looking for. I'm on my mobile device, I'll able to send photos via email as well.

Sfdough@gmail.com

Thanks,
              Don

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                I'm guessing in the neighborhood or $60K. But it's not air cooled, all you purists!
                996 gt3's for sale and values - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Comment

God damn they are ugly though. (996 gt3)
                  Do you understand?

Comment

God damn they are ugly though. (996 gt3)
                    Other than the ugly teardrop headlights that afflict all 996 cars and 1st gen. Boxsters, I disagree with you. Certainly the best looking 996 of all.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

996 GT3 has the right engine, that don't suffer those dumb IMS issues and so forth. car actually drives good.

I bought an 06 997......plan was to sell my S2000 to help fund it. drove 997 for a month, then took out my S2000 to get it washed so I can sell it. in less than 1 mile, I decided not to sell s2000, and will probably sell the 997.
                      S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                      17 GT350R
                      03 Miata Club Sport
                      96 NSX
                      06 EVO MR
                      15 Mini Cooper S
                      Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

it is going to cost you the same after you fix up the early aircool 911 due to maintenance and to make them track worthy....
                        ask Jack how much he spent on his 911..
                        S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                        17 GT350R
                        03 Miata Club Sport
                        96 NSX
                        06 EVO MR
                        15 Mini Cooper S
                        Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by donutbob View Post
                          I have a track prepped 1997 993 c2 I'd be willing to sell for $37k. I will provide additional details if the price and year suit what you might be looking for. I'm on my mobile device, I'll able to send photos via email as well.

Sfdough@gmail.com

Thanks,
                          Don
                          Don: can you post up the details please. late 993 is one of my bucket list.

Don is a good guy.....
                          S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                          17 GT350R
                          03 Miata Club Sport
                          96 NSX
                          06 EVO MR
                          15 Mini Cooper S
                          Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
                            996 GT3 has the right engine, that don't suffer those dumb IMS issues and so forth. car actually drives good.

I bought an 06 997......plan was to sell my S2000 to help fund it. drove 997 for a month, then took out my S2000 to get it washed so I can sell it. in less than 1 mile, I decided not to sell s2000, and will probably sell the 997.
                            I get what you are talking about. I have never owned a 911, but I have driven a few. I own an NSX. But the most fun car to drive that I have ever owned, and the one I wish I never sold, was the S2000.

Comment

328 Ferrari is in that age range and the 348 Ferrari too. P bugs always broke down on me. I got bad p bug mojo in my family. Between myself and dad had 6 all sucked. If you must go there hang on rennlist to understand what you want. There are proper things to buy to track them especially if you hang with poc or pca and run in a class.

Comment

Other than the ugly teardrop headlights that afflict all 996 cars and 1st gen. Boxsters, I disagree with you. Certainly the best looking 996 of all.

I once saw a 996 that had body-color vinyl over the headlamps to make them look round, with another small round cutout for the turn signal. I don't know where it came from or how someone would do it, but it really made a big difference.

It looked like a 911 again and not like a Boxster, which used the same headlamp assembly in those years.
                                www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Working...
                                X