Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

Can someone help me find or make a list of all Miata racing series and events?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me find or make a list of all Miata racing series and events?

Anyone know where I can find a list of all sanctioned Miata racing events worldwide, past and present? Or help me make one?

Comment

Wow, that's a tall order. What is the purpose?
      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I'm trying to write a guide to Miata racing worldwide. Tough project, I know.

Comment

You would probably have better luck getting people to chime in if you did a lot more leg work.
          If you built most of the puzzle by doing your own research and organization of the classes and just needed help filling in the blanks, you are more likely to get help than throwing a million piece puzzle in the air and ask for help putting it together.
          Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

I don't know for sure, but doesn't the SCCA have a historian on staff in Topeka?
            www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Miata only race classes or classes Miatas raced in?

Here are three:
              Spec Miata
              MX-5 Cup
              SuperMiata
              Last edited by Red_5; 12-19-2014, 02:18 PM.
              99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
              '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Not sure of the name or who sanctions it but I know there is Miata racing in the UK. Someone occasionally posts their race videos here from there.

Comment

Idk if it helps but I have this picture:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAN0001_zps4a6da6d9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	229659
                  Circa 1991 or 1992; Willow Springs all Miata's in the picture were part of the Showroom Stock class at that time.

Comment

Man, there are a TON of classes I have seen a Miata in. I recall seeing one or two in SCCA Rally, Group 5 or Group 2, whichever was the RWD class, it escapes me at the moment. I have seen them at RallyX, Ice Racing, and TSD rallies, too.
                    Yer pal,
                    Force

Comment

I have a document started. I was simply inquring as to whether something like this might exist already or if someone could help me confirm that what I've found is indeed correct and/or help me fill in the blanks. I certainly don't expect anyone to put the pieces together for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
                        I don't know for sure, but doesn't the SCCA have a historian on staff in Topeka?
                        That would probably be really helpful. I'll try to reach out to someone there. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X