Introducing Crusher

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing Crusher

Some of you have already seen pics of our new enduro car. Just wanted to post a few more detailed pics for those that are interested.

The car is built specifically for the NASA 25 hours at Thunderhill Dec 3-4. It's an E2 car mapped from PTD. The VVT engine is purpose built, tuned exactly to the 148whp we are capped at for the class power to weight ratio.

The car's job is to gain the most track position for the least amount of fuel. Within that, the car must be able to run hard for 25 hours, at night, in the rain. It needs to be easy to diagnose and service. It needs to have the best possible safety equipment.

The car has no fuses or relays, instead relying on a solid state power switching unit, the Smartwire by Racepak. The fuse box you see in the engine bay is empty. Just an emergency spot to tap into hot leads in the engine bay should the need arise. The little box on the tunnel below the shifter is a Racepak USM (Universal Sensor Module) for our fuel level sender.
    We were fiddling with the capacitor for the sequential COP conversion, hence the electrical tape (orange!) sliced open there. ESS Automatic fire system not completely installed in this photo.

More details on the build can be found on our blog; Behind the Wheel.

Center spot LED light bars not mounted in these pics

WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Wow, this is very impressive... subscribed to the blog.
    Last edited by psychoazn; 11-05-2011, 10:09 PM.
    pucsicsal - The fastest unit of speed measurement is not the speed of light, it is the speed of flatout. Hence the BRZs limit.

Comment

Great work, Looking very nice.

Best of luck to you guys at T hill.

Comment

Wow! It looks great. I wish I was driving with you guys.

Oli
        To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Thumbs up!
          2009 Nissan GT-R -- nicely modded

Comment

Very nice. Who is the driving team? You and William, Rob(?), who else?
            The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
            1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Looking good. The blog is a great read too.
              Less powah is better

Comment

Congrats! I've seen this car twice in person now and it is very well prepared.

Good seeing you and crew on Friday Emilio.

Comment

The car drives like a kart. Made my vette feel like Richard's windowless van.

After grenading my motor, I seriously considered turning to the "Light Side."
                  ~ Jim Tway
                  Tway Motorsports
                  (714) 528-2150
                  #57 Pacific Automotive Recycling Center Corvette

Brought to you by:
                  Pacific Automotive Recycling Center
                  PA Construction
                  American Heritage Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                    Not I. Last year's 25 has me wanting at least another year before I do that craziness again.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                      myself, william, nick buchanan , oscar jackson jr, dean thomas, sonny Watanasirisuk. we are bringing 2 cars. there are 2 seats still available.
                      WWW.949RACING.COM
                      SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
                      But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Nice car! I am sure it's going to kick ass.

Steve

Comment

Looks like a super fun car to drive!

Good luck at the 25hrs of HELL!

Comment

myself, william, nick buchanan , oscar jackson jr, dean thomas, sonny Watanasirisuk. we are bringing 2 cars. there are 2 seats still available.
                            Just out of curiosity for next year possibly, what are your requirements, and what does a seat cost?

Comment

Originally posted by luder_5555 View Post
                              Just out of curiosity for next year possibly, what are your requirements, and what does a seat cost?
                              you are on the team !!! just ask us.

as for requirement - you need to be: crash less than Burgoon, not heel-n-toe like Red_5, not foul mouthed like Sonny, whine less than Emilio, saw steering wheel less than Manly (oh, wait, that's actually fast, nevermind), break things less than Hakeem. oh, you must know BW #13 inside out.
                              S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                              13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
                              17 GT350R
                              03 Miata Club Sport
                              96 NSX
                              06 EVO MR
                              15 Mini Cooper S
                              Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Working...
                              X