X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ucfbrett
    started a topic NB Miata rear calipers leaking

NB Miata rear calipers leaking

I just finished removing the e brake mechanism from the car and calipers and now the shafts that the emergency brake cable attached to are leaking. I bought a caliper kit from Mazda and replaced both shaft seals, but they're still leaking badly.

I'm thinking I removed more than I should have? I'm pretty sure I removed the adjuster screws, which is the reason the shaft seals are leaking. Does anyone have any suggestions/wisdom?

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
    how much are the Penske? including all the parts that needs to switch out the Bilstein.

The new shock price will be set at $198.74 apiece, with the complete upper mount/bump stop kit retailing at $249.90. Parts will be available exclusively through Mazda Motorsportswith a total cost for conversion; including four shocks, top mount, bump stops and lower spherical mounts for less than $1,050. Unlike the current Spec Miata shock, the Penske will be tamper-proof, and rebuildable through Penske at $100/shock. It is recommended that shocks be inspected by Penske after 100 hours of track use to determine whether a rebuild would be valuable.

https://nasaspeed.news/columns/nasa-...nasa-and-scca/

Leave a comment:

• bellwilliam
    replied
    how much are the Penske? including all the parts that needs to switch out the Bilstein.

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    Haha I might have to settle down some with a 99.

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    I meant in the Rob Burgoon sense of the phrase.

Leave a comment:

• Schmoe Money
    replied
    Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post

I'll have to let you know. This car has never seen the track, and I've not yet driven it in anger. They are much higher quality.
    I find it hard to believe you could ever drive in anger...

Leave a comment:

• MikeColangelo
    replied
    Originally posted by Johns_EvoIXSE View Post
    How are the new Penske shocks that SM has been using?
    I don't have them yet on my SM, but I have been told by several drivers that they are a big improvement over the Bilsteins. Sounds like it was a much-needed change.

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Originally posted by Johns_EvoIXSE View Post
    I'll have to let you know. This car has never seen the track, and I've not yet driven it in anger. They are much higher quality.

Leave a comment:

• Johns_EvoIXSE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MikeColangelo
    replied
    Brett, that is a beautiful Spec Miata. Good luck with her!

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    OK, it seems a bit overstated to call this the worldwide debut of Bullet, but this is the worldwide web, so here goes nothing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bullet010 copy.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	720.2 KB
ID:	261724

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Oh, it was a big leak, all right.

Leave a comment:

• GraemeD
    replied
    that will cause a BIG leak!

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    I took these out and didn't put them back. Thus the leak. It should be all better now.

Click image for larger version  Name:	screw.jpg Views:	1 Size:	372.3 KB ID:	261720

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    I picked up two used calipers thanks to Red_5 so I'll just start over. I think what's causing the leak is that I didn't put the adjuster screw back in the piston bore, which has an O ring seal at its base.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X