"Brand new" 2009 S2K with 71 Miles?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Brand new" 2009 S2K with 71 Miles?

What do you all think of this? A brand new 2009 Honda S2000 with 71 miles, up for sale for $39,900-? A close friend of mine is considering looking at it. I would be concerned as to how it was stored for 6 years, were the fluids drained, was it stored sitting on the tires?

Any other ideas? Is it worth that much?

My friend wants a daily driver sports car for his new big-time, high-level position at a major East Coast University. He will never track it.

Yes, he is considering a new Miata, but has always wanted an S2K.

2009 Honda S2000 Base Convertible for Sale
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Seems like a lot to pay for what is still a 7-year-old used car. If he's going to drive it every day, he should find something at half the price with 50,000 miles or so. That car is too expensive to start racking up miles on. At that price, the depreciation would be steep unless whoever bought it kept it essentially as is, and held it for at least five years.

There should be enough of them out there that he could find a decent low-mileage, never-tracked example for a lot less.
    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I bet that kind of money could buy a nice boxter, though an ND seems like the obvious easy button here. I'd be afraid of getting a car that old with so few miles.
      '09 rx8 sport

Comment

I've been trying to talk him into a used 997.1. I'm so happy with mine. Go figure . . .

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
        2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
        2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

As a previous S2000 owner, I would choose a 997 over one as a DD in a heartbeat. The S2K is a great track and autocross car, but not much else.

Comment

East coast? Is it going to see snow?
            Elise
            MR2 Spyder
            Mazda RX7 FD
            Porsche 911E

Comment

Originally posted by Silversprint View Post
              East coast? Is it going to see snow?
              Obviously, but is a new rwd Miata any better than a used rwd S2K in snow? Maybe he should buy an awd Evo
              Last edited by Richard EVO; 07-28-2015, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                Obviously, but is a new rwd Miata any better than a used rwd S2K in snow?
                It only needs a good driver.......and tires.

Comment

My friend regained his sanity and decided to buy a new WRX.

Comment

A car is only new once, not 6-7 years later. It's just a very, very low-mileage used S2K and for nearly $40k, grossly overpriced.

I'm glad your friend regained his sanity!

Comment

I saw this during a business trip to Boise Idaho:

Porsche Cayman vehicles for Sale in Boise, ID 83714 - Autotrader

Comment

I don't know what the big deal about s2k's is.. I've been passing quite a few of them in my big ol POS crown vic at big willow

Comment

Working...
                        X