Collapse

Bought an s2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You should have had Tony Fuchs check this S2K out before you bought it. If you did that, you would not have your current problems, because you would have passed on the car . . . Next time, ask for advice here from those in the know before jumping off a bridge
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Could be low bridge over deep, calm water. At $9 K he has major headroom.

Comment

• heck for 9k he could always part it out to the legions of kids that have unintentionally modified their S2000's using trees, rocks, and ditches as tools.

Steve

Comment

• ^^^ OK, he could by a new factory engine (long block) for $7,000 and the price would be about right if the rest of the car is in nice condition, which it's not . . .

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
          2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
          2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
            ^^^ OK, he could by a new factory engine (long block) for $7,000 and the price would be about right if the rest of the car is in nice condition, which it's not . . .
            It will be low priced for a car with OEM crate engine No one of us knows what's inside our engines and what happens next,but crate engine is a different story at the beginning.

Comment

• Looked down with borescope, no sign of the metal I was worried about.

Did some leak down, something very wrong with the exhaust valves on 1 and 3.

Put it back together to try to seafoam it, and heard some clacking, so perhaps I screwed up the valve adjustment.

Dunno... at this point might just pull the head for rebuild rather than troubleshoot the clacking.

Comment

• ^^^ Or you could take it to Tony Fuchs Racing in Winnetka, CA, and get it done right . . .

Comment

• Did anyone recommend Tony Fuchs yet?
                  Yep, he's good. Do it.
                  S2000s in the shop any given time, Tony probably touched every S2k in Socal at some point or another.
                  Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

• Mid-Valley Auto Repair - Tony Fuchs Racing
                    7554 Winnetka Ave., Canoga Park, CA 91306
                    Phone (818) 341-8211

You can lead a horse (named Rob) to water, but you can't make him drink . . .
                    Last edited by Richard EVO; 01-17-2015, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Haha, already contacted Tony, he's the one that sent me to the cheap head shop.

Comment

• I never realized (not that I had a reason to) that Tony's shop was so close to where I grew up... only about 5 minutes away.

Yes, I'm a valley boy.

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                          Haha, already contacted Tony, he's the one that sent me to the cheap head shop.
                          Tony is "no baloney". He did you good.

Comment

Working...
                          X