Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C7 StingRay Z51 Track Test

linky 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 Review: Car Reviews
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Great car, I might be a bit biased however.
    The electric diff is no fun, its not very predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bchappy View Post
      Great car, I might be a bit biased however.
      The electric diff is no fun, its not very predictable.
      Yes, I hear the electronic diff, while cool in a street application is proving very difficult for racing applications.
      To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

I saw a C7 on the freeway this weekend while driving with my wife. I said, I bet the driver is an old white guy. Sure enough it was . Then she said, that would be you so don't even think about getting one...
        99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
        99 Supermiata "Super"

Comment

Quite a bit quicker than the 2014 Cayman S:

Fastest Lap Times at the AutoGuide Test Track AutoGuide.com News

. . . and way less expensive.

1.37 G's . . . nice!
          Last edited by Loose Caboose; 06-04-2014, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that an R8 V10 is faster than a StingRay

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
              I find it hard to believe that an R8 V10 is faster than a StingRay
              Remember, they tested the base C7 Corvette. I don't think there is much that will touch the Z06 version due in the fall.
              To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

+1

Comment

BTW, I think everything about the C7 is fantastic, except the exterior styling, which makes me throw up a little in my mouth . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                    BTW, I think everything about the C7 is fantastic, except the exterior styling, which makes me throw up a little in my mouth . . .
                    Not sure you saw the news. But C7 can now be ordered with body colored vents. That will tidy up the car
                    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
                    17 GT350R
                    03 Miata Club Sport
                    96 NSX
                    06 EVO MR
                    15 Mini Cooper S
                    Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
                      Not sure you saw the news. But C7 can now be ordered with body colored vents. That will tidy up the car
                      Until they dump those horrific taillights, I'm not down with this car . . .

Comment

That's like kicking your super model girl friend out of bed because you don't like her bracelet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	the one.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	229254

Comment

^^^ She can take the bracelet off . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
                            Yes, I hear the electronic diff, while cool in a street application is proving very difficult for racing applications.
                            It is. We are currently in talks to get a car with the z51 package(which is the only way you could get it around the track) without the electric shocks or electric diff. It would be a perfect base.

Comment

Working...
                            X