Collapse

Help me choose tire on my NSX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thx to trackHQ buddies for hooking up the NT01' 275's and to Gates for hooking up the 235's!!!

im starting to get psyched on this car being finished & ready for track fun....
    Last edited by nils; 11-19-2010, 06:08 PM.
    driving cars n stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by J. Tyler View Post
      Ryneen's car on NT01s last weekend was incredible. I want to say they were 275 rears...? Anyway definitely one of the best handling cars I've ever driven.
      The NSX that Jeff Tyler mentioned has 235/17 front and 275/17 rear NT01's. They are waaaaaaaaayyyy better than R888's.

Comment

You're seriously asking on THQ when we already talked about this and had drawn the same conclusion (275 NT01)???

You're killing me Nils...

What's next? Alignment, spring rate, turbo sizing, reccomended boost settings, etc...?

FYI - Performance Friction is working on the "06" compound pads for the stock caliper. Sit tight. If you HAVE to get something now, go with the Carbotech XP10s for the time being.

Comment

I had to buy a set of R888 for my NSX rear 235/40/17 rear on stock 17 x 8.5 rear wheels and 195/50/16 (!) On stock 16 x 7 front wheels. It was all that I coul get on short notice. This set up sucks.
          The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
          1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
          2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
          2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
            I had to buy a set of R888 for my NSX rear 235/40/17 rear on stock 17 x 8.5 rear wheels and 195/50/16 (!) On stock 16 x 7 front wheels. It was all that I coul get on short notice. This set up sucks.
            Did you track it? -what track?

As you said you were in a pinch, but trust me. Once you throw on 235/275 17/18" wheel combination (R-comp or street), you will be kicking yourself for not doing it earlier. It COMPLETELY transforms the car to modern supercar performance.

Comment

I have been to LVMS Outside Road Course and Spring Mtn. for one day each with these tires, plus 2 round trips from L.A. to Nevada on the highway (including 95 mph runs on Hiways 127/178 from Baker to Pahrump). Running Big Willow this Wed. and by then they should probably be toast, I hope.
              The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
              1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
              2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
              2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Working...
              X