• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	229473

Just get this and be done with it, then you dont have to worry about anything else.

Comment

Is this thread really nearly 4 years old?

Anthony, have you looked into these any further? I have my travel trailer for sale and am trying to decide my next step. I thought about this idea but was concerned that many of these slide-ins cover up the receiver on the truck so you couldn't tow. I'm sure some don't. Also I think these would require a 3500 if towing a trailer.
      99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
      '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
        Is this thread really nearly 4 years old?

Anthony, have you looked into these any further? I have my travel trailer for sale and am trying to decide my next step. I thought about this idea but was concerned that many of these slide-ins cover up the receiver on the truck so you couldn't tow. I'm sure some don't. Also I think these would require a 3500 if towing a trailer.
        I'm definitely still thinking about it. I backed off for a little bit but I'm passively shopping. I've got automatic craigslist searches going, but I'm not in the best place to buy right now. If a really good and cheap one comes around, I would have a hard time saying no. I think it would be hard to lose value on a well cared for used example.

My new favorites are the Four Wheel Camper Hawk. Lightweight, good quality, custom built, and made locally.
        https://www.fourwh.com/product/hawk-...-regular-size/

Northstar 650SC is my runner up. Good quality, good design, but a little heavier.
        650SC (2016) For Ultra Short/Short Bed (5' 6 | Northstar Campers

Buyer's Guide:
        https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/...-buyers-guide/

I would have bought 3500 SRW if this was my end goal when shopping for a truck but I think lightweight truck camper and race trailer can be done safely with a 2500.
        We also just got a dog so that might be more of an excuse to do domestic camping vacations instead of international vacations.
        -Anthony
        1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
        2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque

Comment

Just install couch/bed, AC and TV on the enclosed trailer. No need for those camper.
          Add a Generator and you good for the weekend.
          http://touringcarclub.net/

Comment

^^That makes sense if you only want to go to the track. A truck camper could be good for other trips too. I don't think I'd want to pull a car hauler off road. I haven't made a decision, I'm just exploring ideas.
            99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
            '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Working...
            X