Track Tire Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Tire Trailer

Aluminum track day tire trailer. Hauls 4 tires/wheels along with tools. Locking features for tools and tires. LED lights. Light weight, low tongue weight, longer tow bar, and large trailer tires make for easy towing behind any car. Can be tilted onto back tool box for easy vertical storage. Contact Greg at (562) 225-9367. Selling for $550.
    Hauling tires behind GT3 with light-weight trailer. Trailer with 1 tire/wheel loaded. Locking box for tools, jack, etc.
    Last edited by sbda4; 08-20-2019, 09:21 PM.

That's a pretty slick setup. Good luck with sale.
    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

never seen this type of setup. impressive.... especially the part with larger diameter trailer tire. as small trailer tire cause bearing issues.
      S1 Supermiata - 220whp
      13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
      17 GT350R
      03 Miata Club Sport
      96 NSX
      06 EVO MR
      15 Mini Cooper S
      Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

I found it to be an excellent way to get tools and a spare set of race tires to the track. When I get to the pits I unhook the trailer and Im ready to race without unloading everything from the car. And my car wasnt suited to haul 4 tires inside.

Comment

If the tongue section or main spar could have a flange or telescoping section so it could be broken down, you could fit it into a typical garage when flipped onto its back like that.

Cool design. If that thing is a one-off, it's a sound product idea I think.
          WWW.949RACING.COM
          SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
          But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

It was sold by Super Sport Trailers, but it appears they are no longer in business.

Comment

A "how to" for a slightly different design:

https://flatsixes.com/porsche-cultur...larry-kosilla/
              Last edited by Loose Caboose; 08-22-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Drag that to a speed ventures event and I bet it sells. $550 is a bargain I'm a welder and it would cost me more time and materials than the $550 you are asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
                  A "how to" for a slightly different design:

https://flatsixes.com/porsche-cultur...larry-kosilla/
                  problem with that (and 99% of other tire trailers) trailer is small diameter trailer tires. It is very hard on the bearing. Bearing is probably spinning twice as fast as a tow vehicle. Trailer bearings are also very low quality ($3 on etrailer). I like it that op's tire trailer use regular size trailer tires, which also are less prone of getting a flat from a nail.
                  S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                  17 GT350R
                  03 Miata Club Sport
                  96 NSX
                  06 EVO MR
                  15 Mini Cooper S
                  Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Yes but any trailer can be converted to standard axle for 14 wheel and 70 series tire and just towing a box of tools and wheels will never overload the tires. Bearings are cheap. I replace mine annually and you can buy quality bearings through others not Etrailer sources

Comment

where are you buying "quality" bearings? I want some for my car trailer.
                      S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                      17 GT350R
                      03 Miata Club Sport
                      96 NSX
                      06 EVO MR
                      15 Mini Cooper S
                      Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Timken-25580-...6TVMRG3K440D5F

look at the number on your bearing case. Then google tinker or Skf then the number. Or call king bearing in longbeach

Comment

Working...
                        X