Evolution of your Tow Vehicle and Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post
    We all want to dual use everything. If we could drive our racecars to the track we would but compromise compromise we have trucks and trailers. Just one more data point for the 3/4 ton Truck...4X4 truck that is... I just got back from Mammoth in about the nastiest road conditions or at least the top 3 nastiest conditions I have driven in over the last decade. The 3/4 Ton 4X4 Ram 2500 diesel is just a beast. Town parking lots with a foot of snow, unplowed small roads, ice up main roads are no match for the 4X4. Pulled out other stuck 4x4's. In Mojave it was lightly snowing sideways with huge winds....Bring It!
    What kind of tires do you have on your truck? I would think tires would be an important factor for grip in bad weather conditions. I have BFG KO2s on my 4x4 truck. They have an extreme weather rating and do pretty well in the snow.
    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Yup KO's for me too. My tires were over 50% worn and still beat the snow. I have used KO's for decades. Between racetires and tires for all my cars/truck....ouch! ouch! ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
        I'm digging that Audi sedan. I don't know the model, but it looks good.
        '84 4000 quattro

1st. year of the quattro sedan, identical drivetrain to the "urq" quattro but no turbo....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0290.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	751.5 KB
ID:	261557
        Last edited by TYP85; 02-11-2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X