Hankook rs4's....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hankook rs4's....

So what's the vertict on rs4's? Good, bad? I corded my rivals in 6 sessions so I'm looking for an alternative that will last a little longer.
    99 miata-tein flex, RB sway bars
    streets cw 1:27.1
    Streets ccw 1:25.4
    Htm cw 1:01.8
    big willow 1:28.8
    Bw13 cw 2:00.8

2006 miata daily
    Big willow 1:35.08

I like em. Have the 245/40/15 size on my full weight GSR (2800lb+). Overkill, but that's beside the point. HUGE improvement over the old Kumho xs I had on before - but that may be a testament of how bad the xs were vs how good these are. Have about 4 hours of track time at Sonoma and they still look new.

Comment

RS4 is a step down from RE71R and Rival, but handles heat better and last a bit longer. I would call it a NT01 / RC1 in performance
      S1 Supermiata - 220whp
      13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
      17 GT350R
      03 Miata Club Sport
      96 NSX
      06 EVO MR
      15 Mini Cooper S
      Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

I just started into my set.

They seem around a second slower around BW than Rival-S/RE71R. They feel very, very much like the RS3 (v1). Numb, vague, kind of quiet. You sort of have to hunt around for the right amount of slip angle. They do seem to want some heat to light off, so I believe the favourable stories about wear. They have a lot more starting tread than some of the other 200tw tires. This is based on a set of 285s on 18x10.5 wheels.
        2003 Z06
        Mosport | Willow Springs | Other tracks

Comment

Originally posted by fe4 View Post
          I just started into my set.

They seem around a second slower around BW than Rival-S/RE71R. They feel very, very much like the RS3 (v1). Numb, vague, kind of quiet. You sort of have to hunt around for the right amount of slip angle. They do seem to want some heat to light off, so I believe the favourable stories about wear. They have a lot more starting tread than some of the other 200tw tires. This is based on a set of 285s on 18x10.5 wheels.
          You have been on lots of street tires. I know people on race rubber. SpecCorvette is on the Faulkin 615 street tire. If you ever get around to using the Faulkin's I would be interested in your opinion on them compared to other street tires.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post
            You have been on lots of street tires. I know people on race rubber. SpecCorvette is on the Faulkin 615 street tire. If you ever get around to using the Faulkin's I would be interested in your opinion on them compared to other street tires.
            If they're the spec tire don't you have to buy them either way?

I have only autocrossed the 615K+ on someone else's car a few times. They're slower than the current gen street tires. They come up to temperature quickly and probably overheat on the track.

They have a sharp, direct feel, they don't like a lot of slip angle, coupled with the heat sensitive compound you probably don't want to overdrive them. Easy to know where you are at with them, but would be easier to drive if they had a broader lateral force/slip angle curve.

I think on the vague, directionally ambiguous Corvette, tires like Hankook or original BFG Rival (or even the much hated R888) pair well since they are also vague and directionally ambiguous, creating a car that is great at hooning around. Just my personal preference though.
            2003 Z06
            Mosport | Willow Springs | Other tracks

Comment

Working...
            X