Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning oil from race tires

Dear Experts,
    When arriving home from my last race weekend, much too long ago, I had an unfortunate event when unloading my car. It was dark and I started it up to drive into the garage when my beautiful and demure wife was screaming her freaking head off at me. I looked out and there was fluid everywhere. Shut it off and got out and it looked like several barrels of oil were in the street. I had to get the car in the garage so the oil was all over the tires as I pushed it in. My first priority was not having my wife kill me so I spent the next several days cleaning my driveway. I sprayed a little Simple Green on the tires and wiped them off. My concern is can I still use them? If so, what else should I do to clean them if anything? They are Kumho race tires. Thanks, Dave

I would have said Simple Green, but you already used it.

You can still use the tires. Just be careful for the first few laps. And buy your wife some jewelry.
    www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Thanks Brett but I think you just broke the "car guy code" by suggesting that perfectly good racing money should be wasted on jewelry!

Comment

Do you have any idea how hard it is for me not to jump on this post? LOL

Comment

Yes Steve, I do know how hard it is and I applaud your restraint.

Comment

Working...
          X