Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

Botched safety installs you have come across.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a new one today
    Attached Files

Comment

The Nizzan Z community - the gift that keeps on giving.
      Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	232285

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	232286

Cool suit setup, here is the best part, held in with zip ties. Then we also have stock seats with a harness bar and harness. Sure there is more

Comment

Originally posted by Terrasmak View Post

Cool suit setup, here is the best part, held in with zip ties. Then we also have stock seats with a harness bar and harness. Sure there is more

Depends on the shape of the stock seats I think. Could be ok. Probably isn't, but might be ok-ish.

Cooler might stay put with that bulkhead to lean on. Might. Haha.

Comment

If the driver's cool, he won't make mistakes. Problem solved.
            Steve C.
            1992 Nissan 240SX
            Sub-2200lbs, stock with bolt-ons, Blackbird cage
            1998 BMW M3/4/5 Bostongrun/Modena 62k miles

Comment

Sad story but goes to show once again how important proper design and fab is. This story has circled the web. If you nav to his instagram, you can see how bad some of the welds really are.

https://honda-tech.com/articles/cras...-civic-exocar/

Comment

Originally posted by iwannarace View Post
                Sad story but goes to show once again how important proper design and fab is. This story has circled the web. If you nav to his instagram, you can see how bad some of the welds really are.

https://honda-tech.com/articles/cras...-civic-exocar/

I can add that the quality of the commentary in that story is some of the most botched I have read in a while.

Condolences to the young driver and his family. He must not have been strapped in or had a horribly poor harness system.
                To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

While maybe not as visibly egregious as some of the workmanship examples in this thread, I've seen recent examples of roll cages claiming to be compliant to one spec or another - yet blatantly not. There's really no substitute for the car owner/driver intimately knowing the rules for the class they are running and insuring that their car is in compliance. Placing ALL of the trust in a builder/fabricator - regardless of the perceived reputation may not be in your best interest.

Comment

Oof. More weight forward causing a loss of control... That's new.

Comment

I can't upload pics from the work comp, but the damage to the car is shown here.

Looks like cage failure was part of the cause.

Comment

A new Darwin award nomination, fresh from today's crop -

Moti

Comment

Originally posted by iwannarace View Post
                          Looks like cage failure was part of the cause.
                          No doubt about that, but frankly, the guy's attitude was so $hitty that's it's hard to feel sorry for him (sucks for his family though).
                          When his car and the couple others popped up at first I took a look and had hard time believing that someone would consider that death trap "okay".
                          He had PLENTY of comments warning about this and dismissed every one of the warnings, saying "If you have anything to say about my welding I don't want to hear it".
                          Alrighty than, the welds have spoken.
                          Moti

Comment

Working...
                          X