25 hour ESR winning car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 hour ESR winning car

How come the winning car does not have a side impact head restraint? (15.17.9 Head Restraint – Side Impact)
    I have to have one,

https://nasaspeed.news/race-coverage...f-thunderhill/

not sure, but I am super impressed by Radical winning.
    forgot which year, but there was an year that 6-8 Radical started... All broke except for 1 by hour 13.....
    there was a winning Radical team next to us in 2013 (?) that came in 3 times, twice for an engine, once for something else... and still won the Radical class !!
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

I don't know that a Radical has ever won overall. The car did the whole 25 on one motor and transmission. Many of those cars usually blow a motor sometime after midnight.
      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I thought you had to refresh motors in radicals after 25 hrs?

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
          I don't know that a Radical has ever won overall. The car did the whole 25 on one motor and transmission. Many of those cars usually blow a motor sometime after midnight.
          They won overall this year with a totally stock 1340 engine (that lasted the entire race). I believe they had a 6 lap lead over the second place car. It is the first time the race has been one with an engine under 2L.

Charley

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post
            I thought you had to refresh motors in radicals after 25 hrs?
            No, it is every 40 hours. The winning cars engine was a factory sealed stock engine.

Charley

Comment

Was the radical powered by the V8 twin hayabusa derived engine? I just saw they warranty those motors for 40 hours. Impressive for 10,500 RPM’s, 400+ hp, and 231lbs
              SuperMiata S2 Class #33

Comment

Originally posted by Johns_EvoIXSE View Post
                Was the radical powered by the V8 twin hayabusa derived engine? I just saw they warranty those motors for 40 hours. Impressive for 10,500 RPM’s, 400+ hp, and 231lbs
                Nope. Four cylinder.
                www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

From what I read, both the Radicals were running the RPE1340. Basically a stock Hayabusa engine.
                  I am in middle of refreshing the 1340 out of my SR1. My engine has 60 track hours, and there is very little wear so far.

but back to my original question, can the chief tech inspector explain where the side impact head protection is?

Comment

I can’t answer your question about NASA interpretation of their rules.

But, regarding the engines... I was told by an inside source that the winning car was powered by an RPE (Radical Performance Engines) built engine, and the other car had engines built by one of the well known “non-factory” engine builders. The team using the non factory engine apparently went through 4 engines and the team with the RPE built engine completed the race on the original engine.

Charley

Comment

Working...
                    X