momo mod 88 vs sparco l360

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• momo mod 88 vs sparco l360

I'm trying to decide between these 2 wheels in leather. 320mm option for the momo. I like the absence of the "humps" with the momo, but the side spokes look a bit high where they meet the rim. I'd appreciate any thoughts from those of you who may have used these. The car does get street driven on occasion which is why I'm going with leather.
    '09 rx8 sport

I have always preferred Sparco to Momo. The quality, IMHO, is a hair better and the styling less obnoxious. The ergonomics on the Momos have also felt a little odd to me, too. I am personally not a fan of the bumps on such a small steering wheel.
    Yer pal,
    Force

Comment

+1 for Sparco for the same reasons Force listed.
      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Thanks...l360 it is!
        '09 rx8 sport

Comment

Originally posted by eyeballs View Post
          I'm trying to decide between these 2 wheels in leather. 320mm option for the momo. I like the absence of the "humps" with the momo, but the side spokes look a bit high where they meet the rim. I'd appreciate any thoughts from those of you who may have used these. The car does get street driven on occasion which is why I'm going with leather.
          My wife just put a Mod88 320 in her Spec Miata. Excellent option for gaining leg room in a tight car. Could not be happier with the fit and finish.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mod88.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	232300

Comment

Sparco steering wheels usually have better fit and finish than Momo.
            Not sure if I can say the same about the guys that are putting the threaded inserts into their seats though, no two are ever the same.
            Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

That looks good, Jason! Has she used it yet? If the sparco r353 came in leather with a horn button, that would be perfect. But than again, if things always worked out perfectly life would be too easy.
              '09 rx8 sport

Comment

Originally posted by eyeballs View Post
                That looks good, Jason! Has she used it yet? If the sparco r353 came in leather with a horn button, that would be perfect. But than again, if things always worked out perfectly life would be too easy.
                Used it last weekend for the first time. Brutal in paddock/grid (no power steering) but great on track.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SMbwrp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	232306

Comment

Working...
                X