X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ucfbrett
    started a topic Anyone use a heel stop?

Anyone use a heel stop?

Has anyone put a heel stop in their car? I've seen them in pro built racecars. Essentially, it's just a piece of angle iron or something positive on which to rest your heel. That way you are really keeping your heel on the floor as you pivot from brake to gas and back. I'm seriously considering adding one to my new build.

• rikgray
    replied
    In my NP01 dead pedal, 1x2" Al angle, nylon block for left foot braking.
    Really helps in long races to have a place to rest my feet, and take the G's.
    Heel Stops

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Originally posted by 0.o slow 1.6 View Post
    Thanks for the pics. Im guessing these would only work on floor mounted tilton peddles and not regular oem peddles? Seems like alot of pivoting when using the pedals.
    Yes, I was looking for a simple solution. I was more curious about whether it improved anyone's driving.

When I'm carrying big speed into hard braking zones, I have a tendency to lift my heel off the floor. I "think" if I could have a way of "locating" my heel, it would help.

Leave a comment:

• 0.o slow 1.6
    replied
    Thanks for the pics. Im guessing these would only work on floor mounted tilton peddles and not regular oem peddles? Seems like alot of pivoting when using the pedals.

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
    At least for a NA/NB Miata I think it would be worth while to build something with an air gap to keep your heels cool on those hot race days.
    The angle iron would be open side down, and it probably would span across those little channels in the floor. I could even drill holes in it.

Leave a comment:

• Red_5
    replied
    At least for a NA/NB Miata I think it would be worth while to build something with an air gap to keep your heels cool on those hot race days.

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    There a number of things you can buy. I was just thinking of welding 6 inches of angle iron to the floor board and putting some nonskid tape on it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PRX-vs-PRXSE.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.3 KB ID:	260756
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• GraemeD
    replied
    Here is the one I added, it is 1" aluminum tube riveted to 3/4" aluminum angle, then bolted to the floor.

I have been dealing with brake issues, and this does help you control your foot better.
    Floor mounted heel stop Heel stop
    Last edited by GraemeD; 10-02-2018, 07:35 AM. Reason: Added photo

Leave a comment:

• Loose Caboose
    replied
    . . . but I do like fast 'vettes and hairy chests.

Leave a comment:

• Loose Caboose
    replied
    C'mon. Driving a Miata doesn't make me gay.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/18/a...me-street.html

Leave a comment:

• Olitho
    replied
    Originally posted by Red_5 View Post

Who’’s Brett?
    He meant Bert.

Leave a comment:

• Red_5
    replied
    Originally posted by 0.o slow 1.6 View Post
    You have any pictures of this setup Brett? Nothing came up in google.
    Who’’s Brett?

Leave a comment:

• 0.o slow 1.6
    replied
    You have any pictures of this setup Brett? Nothing came up in google.

Leave a comment:

• Olitho
    replied
    I have been considering this, too, for the past year, but have not yet done so. Part of the reason is I am not quite sure how to position and mount it safely.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X