Best coating/treatment for a header

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best coating/treatment for a header

What's the best way to coat a header to keep it looking good? Is ceramic the best or is there something better? I haven't looked into it in so long I don't know anymore.
    www.TrackHQ.com

We really like to use ceramic coating on headers and all of our stuff get done at Embee Performance in OC. You can choose between different finishes.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolTech View Post
      We really like to use ceramic coating on headers and all of our stuff get done at Embee Performance in OC. You can choose between different finishes.
      Fantastic. Thanks for the input.
      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Don't bother with Embee, mine peeled off after barely a handful of days.
        Bite the bullet and send it to Jet Hot (the actual company, not just places that use the name to sell coatings), get their extreme grade coating and be done with it.
        Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

We have been using Embee for about a decade. Many exhausts, headers, turbine housings what have you. Many hours on those components. Never any issues. Company is very old school though. Not terribly well organized, handwritten receipts, "fax it honey" kind of place.
          WWW.949RACING.COM
          SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
          But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Guess I had **** for luck, but it's my data point.
            Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

Our experience same as Emilio's with Embee. Most of their mainline work is with aerospace. We've done numerous headers, turbo plumbing, etc and never ever had a problem with anything we've had them do.

Comment

Working...
              X