Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

Help me understand "Radiator Fans" please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My AutoZone has been sold out for two weeks...

Those of you who run rater and an additive, do you flush your radiators often?
    PS: I am going to drain mine of coolant tomorrow to add water (distilled), what would be the best way to get everything out and flush it?

Comment

Are you over heating on the track? Or after you come off the track? If it's hot while running on track your radiator itself may be the culprit. A fan does nothing past 30mph, natural airflow produces way more volume of air at a greater velocity than a fan ever can. Also make sure your thermostat isn't getting stuck closed. I know he's are obvious things to look at, but. A good start. Also how's the cap holding pressure? Anbad cap can be a $5 fix.

Comment

been running nano-cool and water with an upgraded rad. No issues anymore.
        I wonder though, how often do you guys flush you cooling systems - I am concerned with corrosion.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxSTI View Post
          been running nano-cool and water with an upgraded rad. No issues anymore.
          I wonder though, how often do you guys flush you cooling systems - I am concerned with corrosion.
          If you're running an additive, corrosion shouldn't be such a great concern. The additives have a lubricity for moving parts like water pump shafts and bearings, which also prevents corrosion.
          www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

I ask because although I did full up with distilled water and nano cool, I see some "brown" stuff around the radiator filler and in the wall of the overflow tank.
            not sure what that stuff is or if its doing something to the motor long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman View Post
              Yes, I've worked with them for 8 years now. Your oil will run cooler with the nano oil stabilizer since it greatly improves the heat transfer ability of the oil.

Depends if the car is a track or street car. For street I'd dilute the antifreeze as much as you stand to, and add nanocool. For a racecar, I would just use water and nanocool.
              Do antifreeze solutions inhibit rust formation?

Comment

Working...
              X