Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

What are your thoughts on PTFE lined fuel lines?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your thoughts on PTFE lined fuel lines?

I am I the process of installing my surge thank and the consideration above has come up.
    I was offered some quality E85 compatible rubber lines and being advises not to spend the extra money on the ptfe lines and fittings.

I will be retaining the factory hard lines inside the car for the time being to keep installation simple.
    Looking for thoughts and recommendations.

Thank you

I've had zero issues with E85 compatible rubber. I have been running E85 exclusively in my HPDE car for 3 1/2 years with it.
    Scooby: E85 powered 1992 NA6 w/ NB1 Swap Time Attack Build
    Scrappy: SuperMiata & Autocross Rental Build
    Good-Win Racing | Singular Motorsports

Comment

thank you.

anyone else?

Comment

Summit braided steel "E85 compatible" fuel lines... (see video link below)
        This is after the car sat for over 2 years, run every month to charge the battery, but E85 sat in the lines for over 2 years.
        This is the second time this has happened.
        I ended up buying higher quality name brand braided, but will have to change them every 2 years or switch to PTFE.
        PTFE requires a different hose end as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YPeb7qOya4Dj7f0p1

Comment

Originally posted by TYP85 View Post
          Summit braided steel "E85 compatible" fuel lines... (see video link below)
          This is after the car sat for over 2 years, run every month to charge the battery, but E85 sat in the lines for over 2 years.
          This is the second time this has happened.
          I ended up buying higher quality name brand braided, but will have to change them every 2 years or switch to PTFE.
          PTFE requires a different hose end as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YPeb7qOya4Dj7f0p1
          I'm sorry. It's a little dark.. Could you lite a match to brighten up the video?....lol
          Sorry,,, couldn't resist.
          That's not a Typo, I just can't spell no so well.

Comment

PTFE from BMRS Home -best stuff out there.

Comment

Working...
            X