Data Acquisition Seminar at Auto Club Speedway, Saturday 1/24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Acquisition Seminar at Auto Club Speedway, Saturday 1/24

All you guys who are serious track rats and into data acquisition or interested in learning about DA should attend this seminar. It is only $40 and this guy is one of the best data acquistion guys in the US.

He does mainly road racing applications, but he has done drag racing and Bonneville, too.

The seminar is being held at lunchtime in conjuction with the next SCCA race at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.

The link about the seminar:
    http://www.calclub.com/html/html2/RE_1_14_09.htm
    This will be an interactive presentation with David Ferguson of Veracity Data (veracitydata.com). He has done data for the Grand Am series, his own race cars (S 2000) and has an impressive professional and "data" resume. David has extensive experience the ability to share what works and what does not - this should be a "don't miss" experience if you are using or considering using data in your racing experience.

The course if free to Cal Club members and racers and crew members who have entered the event. A fee of $40.00 will be charged for persons who are not entered or are not Cal Club members. Individuals who wish to attend can register on line, or at registration Saturday before the seminar.

The link to register:
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....3700877CEA8504

I will be there.

Oli

To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Jaku?

Comment

I will be there diverting Oli's attention while Steve Levin steals his beer.
      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
        Jaku?
        1/24/09 is the first S2K Challenge at BW13, by Speedventures. so most s2k drivers will be at BW.
        S1 Supermiata - 220whp
        13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
        17 GT350R
        03 Miata Club Sport
        96 NSX
        06 EVO MR
        15 Mini Cooper S
        Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
          1/24/09 is the first S2K Challenge at BW13, by Speedventures. so most s2k drivers will be at BW.
          For whatever reason, you rarely see an S2K at a wheel-to-wheel club racing event.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
          2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
          2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

To bad its at cal speed. I'm sure you'd get a packed room if it were at BRP that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
              For whatever reason, you rarely see an S2K at a wheel-to-wheel club racing event.
              That should start to change given that the S2K is now classed in EP as well as T3 in SCCA, and that they can be had for sub $10k prices. I'd imagine that SpecS2000 will be an emerging and popular class in the next 3-5 years.

Or maybe the owners will stick to MaD tYte canyon racing yO and we won't see them at club racing events

Comment

Originally posted by hakeem View Post
                That should start to change given that the S2K is now classed in EP as well as T3 in SCCA, and that they can be had for sub $10k prices. I'd imagine that SpecS2000 will be an emerging and popular class in the next 3-5 years.

Or maybe the owners will stick to MaD tYte canyon racing yO and we won't see them at club racing events
                EP? Miata runs in EP. That hardly seems fair.

Comment

EP? Miata runs in EP. That hardly seems fair.
                  Miata runs in EP making 240+hp with a very wide body and slicks...not your every day Mazda.

Comment

Originally posted by hakeem View Post
                    Miata runs in EP making 240+hp with a very wide body and slicks...not your every day Mazda.
                    I want one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by gofaster View Post
                      To bad its at cal speed. I'm sure you'd get a packed room if it were at BRP that day.

With 200 racers at AutoClub Speedway I am sure there will plenty of people signing up... more than at a track day. There are some hard-core people at track days, but many more at a race.

Comment

I will be there diverting Oli's attention while Steve Levin steals his beer.

I have a just-in-time beer policy because I like it cold. I only steal it from the Porsche guys when both hands have empties.

Comment

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
                          With 200 racers at AutoClub Speedway I am sure there will plenty of people signing up... more than at a track day. There are some hard-core people at track days, but many more at a race.
                          Ahhh theres an event there that day. That makes a lot more sense.

Comment

I think the leaded gas is making me slow...

Comment

i heard from SpeedTrial Mike that there is a spec s2000 series coming up, they aer building many of them in his shop right now
                              Jaku 峠

Comment

Working...
                              X