X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaku
    started a topic Video editing software

Video editing software

Does anyone know which video editing software support HDV and also have "timer" function at the same time?

• Red_5
    replied
    Adobe Premiere would be the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• b3d3g1
    replied
    I should have specified windows os.

Leave a comment:

• ucfbrett
    replied
    I'd say iMovie, but that wouldn't be helpful. Final Cut Express?

Leave a comment:

• b3d3g1
    replied
    reviving an old thread

I just got a new computer that actually has some power (i7-3630QM, Geforce GTX 660M) and I want to start editing videos from the track. Any recommendations for software?

I have Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 that I have never used and I've heard good things about Sony Vegas ($400 though). Maybe RaceRender is good enough for what I want.

Leave a comment:

• mlk_f1
    replied
    Now I can see why those movies take so long and so many manpower to produce.

Leave a comment:

• imager993
    replied
    sad thing is that I have had to track many things manually over the years. it's not fun.

Leave a comment:

• mlk_f1
    replied
    I see!! And I was trying my butt off to get the same result in Pr. haha, what a dork. Can you imagine trying to do that manually.

Leave a comment:

• imager993
    replied
    Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    Aaron, I was trying to overlay my logo/timecode on the video and wanted to anchor them to the motion of the moving interior like how you did on your videos. I found the manual way to do the anchor points in the effect controls. But I don't think its the right way to do this. And not to mention a not very accurate way either. How do you do it?
    hehe, That's an Aaron special. It takes quite a bit more work and a different piece of software. I don't think that Premiere has a tracker. Sorry, but you will have to be happy with your static graphics.

Leave a comment:

• mlk_f1
    replied
    Aaron, I was trying to overlay my logo/timecode on the video and wanted to anchor them to the motion of the moving interior like how you did on your videos. I found the manual way to do the anchor points in the effect controls. But I don't think its the right way to do this. And not to mention a not very accurate way either. How do you do it?

Leave a comment:

• imager993
    replied
    Yep, Thats pretty much what I do. Between those steps I add graphics and resize my video (to fit my website) in another program, but you don't have to do that step.

To get Premiere to compress with the higher quality two-pass compression, I think you need specific professional versions of the codecs installed.

Leave a comment:

• mlk_f1
    replied
    Tested a couple files. Did Sorenson and On2 .flv files 1Mbps 29fps inside Premiere. But it seems like the ON2 stand alone with 2 pass is a tad better quality. I couldn't find 2pass from Premiere. So, for best result, edit video with Premiere and than compress the files with ON2 standlone. Am I right on this?

Leave a comment:

• Jaku
    replied
    Manly, here is my PC !!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• mlk_f1
    replied
    Originally posted by imager993 View Post
    Congrats Manly, It is definitely more of a heavy program than what you are probably used to. Feel free to give me a call with any questions.

and PS, you can take down that video you uploaded for me. Thanks!
    Thanks, I don't even know what to ask right now. I'll have to play around with it more. I found the .flv encoder. It does Sorenson encoding. cool. Its play time. haha

Leave a comment:

• imager993
    replied
    Congrats Manly, It is definitely more of a heavy program than what you are probably used to. Feel free to give me a call with any questions.

and PS, you can take down that video you uploaded for me. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X