Video editing software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video editing software

Does anyone know which video editing software support HDV and also have "timer" function at the same time?
    Jaku 峠

Most should have some sort of time function, sometimes called timecode. Are you on a PC or Mac? on a PC, I'd say use Adobe Premiere and on a Mac use Final Cut Pro. Both support HD footage.
    Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Comment

I just installed Adobe Premiere Pro CS3. Man, its not what I'm used to working with. Nothing like Roxio or Win Movie Maker at all. I don't even know what half of those buttons are for. haha. I'll be having some fun with it for a long time.

Comment

Congrats Manly, It is definitely more of a heavy program than what you are probably used to. Feel free to give me a call with any questions.

and PS, you can take down that video you uploaded for me. Thanks!
        Aaron Kupferman | 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe | Visual Effects Electric Reality | Motorsports Photography Motorsport Lens | Other Photography AaronKupferman.com

Comment

Originally posted by imager993 View Post
          Congrats Manly, It is definitely more of a heavy program than what you are probably used to. Feel free to give me a call with any questions.

and PS, you can take down that video you uploaded for me. Thanks!
          Thanks, I don't even know what to ask right now. I'll have to play around with it more. I found the .flv encoder. It does Sorenson encoding. cool. Its play time. haha

Comment

Manly, here is my PC !!!!!!!!!!
            Jaku 峠

Comment

Tested a couple files. Did Sorenson and On2 .flv files 1Mbps 29fps inside Premiere. But it seems like the ON2 stand alone with 2 pass is a tad better quality. I couldn't find 2pass from Premiere. So, for best result, edit video with Premiere and than compress the files with ON2 standlone. Am I right on this?

Comment

Yep, Thats pretty much what I do. Between those steps I add graphics and resize my video (to fit my website) in another program, but you don't have to do that step.

To get Premiere to compress with the higher quality two-pass compression, I think you need specific professional versions of the codecs installed.

Comment

Aaron, I was trying to overlay my logo/timecode on the video and wanted to anchor them to the motion of the moving interior like how you did on your videos. I found the manual way to do the anchor points in the effect controls. But I don't think its the right way to do this. And not to mention a not very accurate way either. How do you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
                    Aaron, I was trying to overlay my logo/timecode on the video and wanted to anchor them to the motion of the moving interior like how you did on your videos. I found the manual way to do the anchor points in the effect controls. But I don't think its the right way to do this. And not to mention a not very accurate way either. How do you do it?
                    hehe, That's an Aaron special. It takes quite a bit more work and a different piece of software. I don't think that Premiere has a tracker. Sorry, but you will have to be happy with your static graphics.

Comment

I see!! And I was trying my butt off to get the same result in Pr. haha, what a dork. Can you imagine trying to do that manually.

Comment

sad thing is that I have had to track many things manually over the years. it's not fun.

Comment

Now I can see why those movies take so long and so many manpower to produce.

Comment

reviving an old thread

I just got a new computer that actually has some power (i7-3630QM, Geforce GTX 660M) and I want to start editing videos from the track. Any recommendations for software?

I have Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 that I have never used and I've heard good things about Sony Vegas ($400 though). Maybe RaceRender is good enough for what I want.
                            -Anthony
                            1991 Miata - Trogdor SuperMiata
                            2011 Ram 2500 - all the torque

Comment

I'd say iMovie, but that wouldn't be helpful. Final Cut Express?
                              www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Working...
                              X