Types of Recording Device to Avoid for your In-Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
    haha, you haven't notice? It hasn't been there since November.

Now I'm having a hard time seeing the faster cars coming from behind. Thinking about getting one of these when a good deal comes along.
    [ATTACH]1827[/ATTACH]
    It'll be nice to catch the rearview display action in the onboard camera too.
    that would be cool, and you can play with picture in picture videos!!

i'm alwyas good enough with my left mirror, i usually only look before going into a straight
    Jaku 峠

Comment

Originally posted by Jaku View Post
      that would be cool, and you can play with picture in picture videos!!
      Quality will probably suck though. Its not like I'm hooking up two video signal to a recording device. I'm overlaying the Rearview display inside the recording area of the camcorder. hah, old school.

i'm alwyas good enough with my left mirror, i usually only look before going into a straight
      Good advice. but that won't work at SV's race like condition run group. I can also stick a convex circlar adhesive mirror on each side mirrors. That should do the trick too.

Comment

I think for your cornering machine, whoever wants to pass only have chances in the straight!
        Jaku 峠

Comment

I think for your cornering machine, whoever wants to pass only have chances in the straight!
          yeah, but there some fast drivers. One example is when Tarzan passed me on the outside of T9 at Laguna.

Comment

Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
            yeah, but there some fast drivers. One example is when Tarzan passed me on the outside of T9 at Laguna.
            okay, haha, TA would be a different story
            Jaku 峠

Comment

i use a Sony miniDV camcorder. only problem is when the sun hits the lens. can i put something over it to block out the sun? i dont think i can change lenses on it but maybe put a film over the lens or something.
              Follow me to the track!
              Team 5 Racing

Comment

Originally posted by shinkuu View Post
                i use a Sony miniDV camcorder. only problem is when the sun hits the lens. can i put something over it to block out the sun? i dont think i can change lenses on it but maybe put a film over the lens or something.
                i'm using a sony mini-dv camera too. mine takes a vcl-0630x wideangle lens. you can try making a lens hood to block out a little glare.
                kenchimsg.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by shinkuu View Post
                  If the sun's in the shot, there's nothing you can do, the more you add to the lens the worse it gets (like films, filters, etc). However, if you just take some 2" black tape and make a little hood around the lens, it should help you with flares to some extent.

Comment

Working...
                  X