Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

Anyone using a PDM like Motec or Racepac vs. a relay board?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using a PDM like Motec or Racepac vs. a relay board?

I am just wondering about the question above.
    PDMs are quite pricey at 1800+ but they seem to do quite a bit that conventional relay boards do not..

• FoxSTI
    replied
    ^ Thank you for sharing. Yes the Motec stuff is very expensive.
    I did not know about the product you are using. I will have to take a look. Thank you again. Post photo of your setup if you can / don't mind.

Leave a comment:

• markn
    replied
    I am using a RacePak smartwire. It works well enough and was the least expensive option at the time. Very programmable and makes the wiring process quite straight forward. It does make me a bit nervous as it is a single point of failure for the car. The Motec option, even at wholesale, was just too much for me. Cartek has a new pdm as well. I really like their battery isolators (Kill Switch) so I might try one of those. We have done a number of kill switch installations with great success.

Leave a comment:

• JJ1
    replied
    I’m looking into running motec m84 right now. The $1800 I can handle. The cost of wire harness and tune from scratch is looking pretty prohibitive...

Leave a comment:

• CooperRSR
    replied
    Using a Racepak Smartwire

I run a Racepak Smartwire that talks to my Racepak G2X Pro datalogger and love the flexibility it gives me. It is an interim installation just now as I convert the car over to a full time race car. Click image for larger version

Name:	22254749_948352001983112_5035254299592939355_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	232725

Leave a comment:

Working...
X