Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

Anyone using a PDM like Motec or Racepac vs. a relay board?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using a PDM like Motec or Racepac vs. a relay board?

I am just wondering about the question above.
    PDMs are quite pricey at 1800+ but they seem to do quite a bit that conventional relay boards do not..

Using a Racepak Smartwire

I run a Racepak Smartwire that talks to my Racepak G2X Pro datalogger and love the flexibility it gives me. It is an interim installation just now as I convert the car over to a full time race car. Click image for larger version

Name:	22254749_948352001983112_5035254299592939355_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	232725
    Ian Rae
    CEO
    Webtronic Enterprises
    MotorWerks Magazine - The Ultimate Reading Experience
    MotorWerks Media - Marketing and Press Releases
    HeadsUpRacer.com - Your source for Racepak, Powerbrake and Team Dynamic wheels

Comment

I’m looking into running motec m84 right now. The $1800 I can handle. The cost of wire harness and tune from scratch is looking pretty prohibitive...

Comment

I am using a RacePak smartwire. It works well enough and was the least expensive option at the time. Very programmable and makes the wiring process quite straight forward. It does make me a bit nervous as it is a single point of failure for the car. The Motec option, even at wholesale, was just too much for me. Cartek has a new pdm as well. I really like their battery isolators (Kill Switch) so I might try one of those. We have done a number of kill switch installations with great success.
        AiM Data and Video systems, Suspension Setup, Race car builds, support, and rentals. At your beck and call.

Mark Nichols
        Iron Canyon Motorsports
        http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

Comment

^ Thank you for sharing. Yes the Motec stuff is very expensive.
          I did not know about the product you are using. I will have to take a look. Thank you again. Post photo of your setup if you can / don't mind.

Comment

Working...
          X