Collapse

Advice on XIDA's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That went well! Xida's and new brakes on all corners. Went with 700/400 with helpers. Set at 4.75" rh to begin with, 6 clicks from full soft front, 4 rear. Very street-able! I'm shocked at the compliance over rough pavement. Much more testing and optimizing ahead.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1855.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	232367
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1858.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	232368

Comment

^^Lookin' good!
      99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
      '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

I"m getting closer to buying new coilovers for my Miata and thought I'd ask the question here. I had the billet tophats on my gen 1 Xidas but it was a track only car. If I'm okay with paying the extra money for the billet tophats, is there any reason other than cost to buy the NB tophats instead for a street/track car? I watched a video on the 949 site and it showed some extra rubber bits that came with the NB tophats that aren't used with the billet. I'm wondering if the NB tophat setup reduces NVH compared to the billet version. Thanks.

Comment

I can only compare my billet mounts on the JICs versus the NB tophats on my XIDAs. The NB tophats are more forgiveable, less NVH. A *little* more vague, but none that concerned me between the two. When I finally got the car on the track last autumn, when I had the pressures and settings dialed in, I felt more confident than on the JIC setup. Turnin and response was still predictable, but offered more feedback without being harsh.
          Yer pal,
          Force

Comment

Our Billet Coaxial Mounts have no discernible NVH. They should in theory, but they don't. They do reduce damper assembly friction so they improve compliance over small high frequency and large, low frequency shock movements. The only reason not to get them is budgetary.
            WWW.949RACING.COM
            SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
            But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Answered my question, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X