Are my bushings shot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are my bushings shot?

Getting a clunk sometimes up front. One time it was while turning sharply at low speeds.

http://www.trackhq.com/forums/photop...ry.php?cat=651

How can you tell when bushings are toast?

My kind of rough test is to drive over some manhole covers (which I have some that are recessed near me). When the short, sharp impulse made noise, that was a good sign.

However, you could take a look at them physically; there's a good chance you'll see cracking and damage to the bushings themselves.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLevin View Post
      My kind of rough test is to drive over some manhole covers (which I have some that are recessed near me). When the short, sharp impulse made noise, that was a good sign.

However, you could take a look at them physically; there's a good chance you'll see cracking and damage to the bushings themselves.

Steve
      How about pieces falling off?

The pieces were part of the lip on the edge of the bushing and were quite cracked and brittle.

Comment

Yep, that'd be "damage"

Steve

Comment

Looks to me like they are shot. A loud clunk is the A Arms resetting their position.

Go with polyurethene for less flex and more camber control, it will ride stiffer but be easie to stay in alignment.
          Corvette Specialty C6
          Life is like a race, the best times win!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLevin View Post

Steve

Personally for me when that happens I just put the manhole cover back on....
            To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Working...
            X