Ground clearance vs. ride Height

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
    so we can INCREASE the ride height....to get more suspension travel.
    Suspension travel is not an issue at the front of the Miata (unlike the rear), it's the bumpsteer that you get to reduce when running extended LBJs and raising the ride height, all while still being able to get enough camber.
    Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

Thank you guys. Car is a 2015 Subaru WRX.
      I have 4.5" +/- 0.5" clearance under the car. The A arms seems horizontal to the ground so that I good from what I have read. I think the problem I m having is fear of rubbing my tires with the fender.
      I made the mistake of buying a wheels the are "flush" and some 255/40 R18 wheels to go with that. so the challenge I am having is rubbing. With that being said it seems that my compromise would be running the front tires at this height.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FenderRoller.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	232731

Comment

yes I did for the rear (with that same one too), but not for the front. I can't
          plus I have the fender liner in the front... (most race cars have them also, so I am just wondering how they do it) - super stiff springs?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolTech View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]11408[/ATTACH]

Racecar....
            Click image for larger version

Name:	mash_hammer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	232732

Comment

LOL - oh your guys...
              I think I am just going to have to raise the front a bit, until I get wheel with less offset of less meaty tires next go around.

Comment

Working...
              X