Carbone Lorraine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbone Lorraine?

I was curious about Carbone Lorraine brake pads? I am running a set of these for a track day soon. They're pretty interesting in their worksmanship... very heavy duty. The backing plate looks to be copper-plated and the pad material looks literally like semi-porous molten metal.

CL Brakes
    Last edited by scarsofcarma; 11-16-2014, 07:38 PM.

Good stuff. Right up there with Carbotech and Performance Friction
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

I sure like my carbotechs. A bit noisy on the street, but they cured my braking ills at the track, big time.

Comment

I got the RC5+ compound from CL which is what they recommended for street tires. (Azenis 615's) Their bite when cold is thankfully much better than I expected, I'll have a better review after I run them on the Auto Club Speedway this weekend. In the past my favorite pad was the Hawk HP+, so that'll be my point of reference against these CL's .

Comment

The CL's held up pretty well for the track day... I wish I could say the same for my factory ABS. My pedal never really felt firm enough. I'll have a better review of these pads once I convert to standard, non ABS, brakes.

Comment

Well... got the lifespan out of these I suppose... I estimate around 12k mileage with 1 track day and some backroading...

Comment

Working...
            X