Worn tires = heated brakes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoxSTI View Post
    I am running it with ESC on...and I do not know what to expect if I turn it off. Honestly I am a little scared. It is very possible that is also adding to it.
    Learn to run with it off. You will develop bad habits if you don't or will always need it if you do. But be smart. 1st session run with it on to get your muscle memory back. Then run in sport mode if you have it session 2 then run with it off but a few tenths off your comp mode effort. In other words work up to it. This sport is supposed to be fun not scare you or cost you to have to take the bus monday morning because you wrecked. Also be smart about where you learn to push it like running hot into T1 Daytona is a much better choice than T1 at Sebring because there is much more runoff. Then when the track gets damp leave TC on and enjoy.

Comment

Thank you, I will try that. I want to ask a semi related question - sort of a sidebar.
      Do you guys drive on the kerbs purposely? or is that a bad custom?

Comment

Thank you, I will try that. I want to ask a semi related question - sort of a sidebar.
        is it faster ? if so, yes.

but if you have crappy suspension, more likely to be slower going over kerbs. That's why racers spends thousands if not tens of thousands on suspension. if track is perfectly flat, you don't need no fancy suspension.
        S1 Supermiata - 220whp
        13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
        17 GT350R
        03 Miata Club Sport
        96 NSX
        06 EVO MR
        15 Mini Cooper S
        Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
          FoxSTI, I think you need to get past the notion that your track/race car will look good. Driving a car hard on the track and having it look good are two opposing objectives unless you triple your annual track budget.
          I've learned to settle for clean.
          www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

It depends on the curbs, too. At Willow Springs you can't use the curbs because they're more like actual residential street curbs than racetrack curbing. At Buttonwillow, Auto Club Speedway, Sonoma, Mazda Raceway, yes. Most of the curbing at those tracks is built to be driven on, to a certain extent.

Your tracks are what? Homestead, Sebring and Daytona? If memory serves, those tracks have the wide, flat curbing that you can use to your advantage. Some of the curbs will help turn the car at the apex.

As a general rule, don't brake on them (one wheel on and one wheel off) because that'll send you off track in a hurry, and don't use painted curbs in the rain, which you probably will experience during a track day in Florida.
            www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
              It depends on the curbs, too. At Willow Springs you can't use the curbs because they're more like actual residential street curbs than racetrack curbing. At Buttonwillow, Auto Club Speedway, Sonoma, Mazda Raceway, yes. Most of the curbing at those tracks is built to be driven on, to a certain extent.

Your tracks are what? Homestead, Sebring and Daytona? If memory serves, those tracks have the wide, flat curbing that you can use to your advantage. Some of the curbs will help turn the car at the apex.

As a general rule, don't brake on them (one wheel on and one wheel off) because that'll send you off track in a hurry, and don't use painted curbs in the rain, which you probably will experience during a track day in Florida.
              yes I track homestead, daytona and PBIR - have not the oportunity to do sebring yet.
              they have flat kerbing and some vert shallow ones.

Comment

$2000 for wheels is not that expensive. It's around 500 for one. Some spec of JDM wheels cost $5000. They look really legit but $.
                VA(15) STI/FRS

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
                  I've learned to settle for clean.
                  Oh **** that.

Comment

Working...
                  X