Billy Johnson!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Johnson!!!

I'm watching Continental tire at Lime Rock. Billy's crew had a great pitstop with driver takeover by Billy in the #15 mustang. What an amazing out lap got in front of the 33 Cayman by a second and held him off on cold tires! What a stud.

If Billy is reading can you tell us about the mustang?

there were no crowds nearby. he was able to keep it on the track. :P
    Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
    1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
    2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
    2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
    1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
    1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
    1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
    1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
    1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
    1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
    2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Comment

Damn. I missed it.

Go to 1:07.58 for the change over (and 2:38.57 for post checker drifting):

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...2F64&FORM=VIRE

News release for other unlucky souls:

"Earlier in the season, it looked like no one could beat the Porsche Cayman GT4 in the Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge GS class, and indeed the No. 33 CJ Wilson Racing Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport of Danny Burkett and Marc Miller qualified on the pole for today’s Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park in Connecticut.

But when the checkered flag fell, it was the No. 15 Multimatic Ford Shelby Mustang GT350R-C of Billy Johnson and Scott Maxwell out front for the second straight race, as the team also won at their home track, Canadian Tire Motorsport Park near Toronto earlier this month.

“This race,” Maxwell said, “was really won in the pits. Our pit stops really helped keep us out front.”

“I don’t think we had the fastest car out there today,” Johnson said. Indeed, they didn’t; that would be the pole-sitting Porsche of Burkett and Miller. That car had the fastest lap of the race – 57.334 seconds – but the winning Shelby Mustang wasn’t far back at 57.434.

The margin of victory was 5.038 seconds. For the first time since 2013, the race went green for the entire two hours and 30 minutes, which turned out to be 150 laps of the 1.5-mile track for the top four cars."

Click image for larger version

Name:	Billy J.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	232375
      Last edited by Loose Caboose; 08-06-2016, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Drifting along like the tumblin' (buttonwillow) tumbleweed.

Name:	bj.JPG
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	232376

Comment

Hey BillyBob. What would you like to know?

Be sure to catch the conti race THIS weekend from Road America. It was FAR more exciting than lime rock a d there was a lot of actual passing and racing. Don't miss it!

Comment

Name:	Capturex.JPG
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	232378

Comment

Awesome! It's really cool how you can basically get into any car and be at the top end of the time sheets.

Comment

I'm watching Continental at Road America and I'm wondering what happened to the GS class? I think there were only 9 cars starting and IIRC only 7 GS cars started at Lime Rock. Where are the Camaros? 370z? BMWs?
                99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
                  I'm watching Continental at Road America and I'm wondering what happened to the GS class? I think there were only 9 cars starting and IIRC only 7 GS cars started at Lime Rock. Where are the Camaros? 370z? BMWs?
                  2 of the Camaros moved up to the GTD class to race Audis, the other 2 left the series for another one since they were unhappy with the BOP. 370Z lost factory Nissan money, one of the BMWs focused on their GTD effort instead, a couple other BMWs left the series due to increased running costs, and the 911 left due to BOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_5 View Post

Well it was 10 but 1 non-starter. Still CSCT is not as boring as F1 and it is really cool to have a guy we know winning at RA and leading the championship. Congrats to Billy!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by fatbillybob View Post
                        Well it was 10 but 1 non-starter. Still CSCT is not as boring as F1 and it is really cool to have a guy we know winning at RA and leading the championship. Congrats to Billy!
                        It's my favorite race series to watch especially the ST cars. I'm looking forward to the NDs running in ST next year or the year after. I was just curious because the GS fields used to be much larger. And yes, Congrats Billy!
                        99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                        '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Working...
                        X