Wireless Tire pressure Monitoring systems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Tire pressure Monitoring systems

Has anyone used these wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring systems before? I know a lot of newer cars come with the TPMS sensors, I wonder how accurate these are.
    My tire pressure gauge recently starting leaking, thought I might give these a try.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...e&sr=1-3-spons
    How can I do?

I wonder which will happen first in my neighborhood: the sensors get stolen, or the batteries deplete.
    2001 MR2-Eleven
    Experience Points: 21
    Youtube Channel.

Comment

Back from the dead!

Started using something like that with my trailer, like it so far.

Comment

using with a trailer ? is distance an issue ?
        I never got mine (not this brand, but cost me ~$350) to work.
        S1 Supermiata - 220whp
        13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
        17 GT350R
        03 Miata Club Sport
        96 NSX
        06 EVO MR
        15 Mini Cooper S
        Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

That is a great idea Rob. I probably should do same with the motorhome. Always terrified of losing a tire when towing as heavy as we do.

Mark
          AiM Data and Video systems, Suspension Setup, Race car builds, support, and rentals. At your beck and call.

Mark Nichols
          Iron Canyon Motorsports
          http://www.ironcanyonmotorsports.com

Comment

LOVE HATE! I like the way Rob is probably using his tpms to alert him of an issue then he takes personal action. What I hate is BIG BROTHER tpms that alert me to a situation and incestuously dinky with my ECU going into limp mode and the like. I'm not that smart but I'm certainly no idiot and I don't need GM babysitting me.

Comment

I have a shortbed and an open trailer. The max distance for the unit is 25' so it's inside of the range, but might not work with a bigger vehicle. Mine does have a beeping alarm and you can configure what pressure it goes off at. You might try installing it in the back of the motorhome, you might notice the beeping even back there.

Comment

Working...
              X