• Show
Clear All

• Flags

Click image for larger version

Name:	yellow_flag.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	233645
    Yellow flag � Danger, slow down and no overtaking & protect your line.
    Waved yellow flag � Keep your eyes peeled, slow down, no overtaking and be prepared to stop.

Name:	red_flag.jpg
ID:	233646
    Red flag � Boo! race stopped. Slow right down, no overtaking and proceed at a slow pace back to the pit lane or other place of safety advised at the safety briefing, and await further instructions. Stop immediately at the side of the track if signalled to do so by a marshal.

Name:	blue_flag.jpg
ID:	233647 or Click image for larger version

Name:	blue_yellow_flag.jpg
Size:	1.1 KB
ID:	233652
    Blue flag � You are being approached by a faster car. Allow it to overtake when it is safe for you to pull over, Get in the bus lane - slow coach.

Name:	stripe_flag.jpg
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	233648
    Striped yellow and red flag � Caution - slippery surface ahead.

Name:	meatball_flag.jpg
Size:	1.0 KB
ID:	233654
    Meatball flag � There is a problem with your car and you need to proceed to the hot pit, at a reduced speed. Your car could be leaking fluids or a part may have come loose.

Name:	white_flag.jpg
Size:	1.0 KB
ID:	233653 or Click image for larger version

Name:	white_red_cross_flag.jpg
Size:	1.2 KB
ID:	233655
    White flag � Emergency or Slow Vehicle on course. P@ss with extreme caution.

Name:	green_flag.jpg
ID:	233649
    Green flag � Circuit clear. This flag will be shown after yellow flags or the striped yellow and red flag.

Name:	black_flag.jpg
Size:	1,011 Bytes
ID:	233650
    Black flag � You must return to the pits immediately and report to the pit lane marshal. This flag will be shown to individual drivers.

Name:	cheq_flag.jpg
ID:	233651
    Chequered flag � This signals the end of the session. Complete the lap you are on at a reduced pace and return to the pits, indicating you intentions as you approach the pit entrance.

There are alternative meanings to a couple of the flags. White can mean last hot lap before you get the checker. Red means stop on track with a lot of groups including SpeedVentures and Redline, but other groups (NASA, I believe) use it for come slowly into the pits. Furled black flag is often pointed at offending driver as a warning, no need to come in. If meatball flag, stay off racing line as you come in, you may be leaking fluids onto the track.

And now for the most important question, is the debris flag a yellow flag with red strips, or a red flag with yellow stripes.

Checkered flag means -- "you win"
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 02-14-2008, 12:45 PM.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Actually, the red and yellow isn't just debris. It means the track surface has changed since the last time around. It could be water, oil, or yes, debris

And blue with yellow stripe- "There's a race going on, and you're not in it"
      John
      #522 996 Spec / GTS3
      JC3D // Racecars and Keyframes // 996 Spec

Comment

Alternate meaning for blue with diagonal yellow stripe -- "drive over your capabilities to try to get away from the guy right behind you. . ." This is often followed by a black flag for spinning off track. lol
        The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
        1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
        2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
        2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

White flag waving at the starters stand and if you are in front means, DONT SPIN OR YOU WILL LOSE
          John
          #522 996 Spec / GTS3

Comment

Originally posted by JC3D View Post
            And blue with yellow stripe...
            Hmmmm?

I have never seen that one....
            To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
              Hmmmm?

I have never seen that one....
              Then maybe it's time to buy that 944spec.
              John
              #522 996 Spec / GTS3

Comment

I thought we just used the "Starman" rule:

Green means go

Red means stop

Yellow means go very fast

Steve

Comment

Working...
                X