Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

What's your dream / goal of your tracking career ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
    Buy an open wheel formula car. Not sure which one -- Formula Mazda, Formula Continental, or . . .
    you got your goal already....
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• Originally posted by fleadh View Post
      My short term goal is to do well at the next Daytona 24. For me, that means be within 1 second of the fastest pro drivers in GT and make no mistakes.
      -mike
      didn't you already hit your short term goal ?
      S1 Supermiata - 220whp
      17 GT350R
      03 Miata Club Sport
      96 NSX
      06 EVO MR
      15 Mini Cooper S
      Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• Originally posted by hakeem View Post
        Looks like i already achieved Williams goal for me of having a reliable track car (so far at least).
        you also hit your goal. at least the last time I saw you at Big Willow. no problem on FD RX7 for 3 days of tracking.
        S1 Supermiata - 220whp
        17 GT350R
        03 Miata Club Sport
        96 NSX
        06 EVO MR
        15 Mini Cooper S
        Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• Originally posted by VagaXt View Post
          Consider I have yet to win a NASA WERC enduro event (officially), that I find a logical next step. One step at a time...

If anything, I just want to win a WERC enduro event.
          you've also hit your goal already !!
          S1 Supermiata - 220whp
          17 GT350R
          03 Miata Club Sport
          96 NSX
          06 EVO MR
          15 Mini Cooper S
          Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

• I just want to be respected as good driver in virtually any situation.

I also want to be in a position where I can wad up another car, shrug it off and build another without financial detriment.
            Yer pal,
            Force

Comment

• Get to the point where steely determination overrides butt puckering fear.
              Last edited by Loose Caboose; 06-18-2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• reviving up this old thread. Its 2019 now, hows everyones tracking career going for them?
                Milkshake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by emilio700 View Post
                  1. To win three classes at T25 in the same year as team owner
                  2. To have the SuperMiata W2W series take off and be successful
                  3. To go under about 7:00 bridge to gantry in the OGK (Nurburgring)
                  4. To build the fastest track Miata in the world
                  (from 2011)
                  2,4. Done.
                  Had other cars not crashed in to my cars in '12, we would have #1 too.

Not sure I'll ever attempt #3. These days I feel like I have done everything I want to do on track, or at least everything I'm willing to personally fund :P
                  WWW.949RACING.COM
                  SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
                  But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

• Wow, I feel a little depressed reading this thread. We had a good couple of seasons in PTE a few years back and it was fun. Sold that car and took a few years off. I recently bought a SM and hope do some sprint races and enduros in the near future.
                    99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
                    '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

• Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
                      Wow, I feel a little depressed reading this thread. We had a good couple of seasons in PTE a few years back and it was fun. Sold that car and took a few years off. I recently bought a SM and hope do some sprint races and enduros in the near future.
                      You should make this your goal.

I have a white board in my garage with a punch list marked on it, and I get a nice dose of dopamine when I cross things off the list. If I do something that's not on the punch list, I write it on the white board and then cross it off.
                      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

• Have fun, track until I'm eighty, and go back to the 'ring (and Spa) with my son and grand daughters.

Last edited by Loose Caboose; 03-15-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• I just want to have fun with cool cars at the amateur level. I'm just here for the enjoyment that comes with driving fun cars at cool tracks, meet fellow car enthusiasts, and get home safely with the car in one piece.

I'm not a fast driver but these days I'm putting in more of an effort to become a better driver. This weekend, I ran my Spec Miata in the NASA HPDE 3/4 group with the goal of improving my driver skills. While my lap times are still embarrassingly slow, I did manage to shave 4 seconds by simply driving less conservatively (braking less and spending more time on the throttle). I have a way to go but I enjoyed the process of improving my driving skills and lowering lap times.

P.S., I have a ton of respect for the Spec Miata racers who are getting their lap times below 1:40 at WSIR. I realize that this requires pushing the car and themselves very hard and where a screw up can result in a wrecked car and maybe a trip to the hospital.
                          Last edited by MikeColangelo; 03-17-2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Hey Mike, great to see ya this weekend. Sean Douglass did his first 1:36 in warmup on sunday!

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose Caboose View Post
                              Have fun, track until I'm eighty, and go back to the 'ring (and Spa) with my son and grand daughters.
                              I never thought I would race out of Cali or race a cooler track than Laguna Seca. I have been lucky enough to race 24 tracks in the US and counting. Now I want to race in Europe. It appears really simple to do. My SCCA full comp license makes me eligible for the FIA C or Bronze driver whatever with a paperwork shuffle, and I can go racing. SPA would be my European bucket list track.

Comment

Working...
                              X