Collapse

Correct transponder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Speed Ventures I understand that anything AMB-like with a serial number is probably going to work.

But for NASA or SCCA, don't they use AMB's web portal for timing? So I would need a valid AMB transponder? Or is that not so true. I have not been involved in any events like that so I am really not sure.
    2003 Z06
    Mosport | Willow Springs | Other tracks

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
      AMB is becoming the Martin Shkreli of the lap timing world.
      You, Sir, have won the Internet!

Comment

Timing software isn't the issue at all, a transponder # is a transponder # to it regardless of the software's developer.

The decoder box attached is where the fun part is for AMB. This is for little cars: https://www.mylaps.com/en/products/r...er-upgrade/233

I am speaking out of my ass, though. I am assuming AMB has a similar system for big cars (transponder -> loop -> decoder box -> timing software). I haven't worked timing and scoring since the days before transponders.

Maybe the new AMB subscription-transponders simply don't transmit anything if their firmware isn't activated and no new hardware is required to be attached to the timing loop. Judging by what AMB did to the R/C car world with the new decoder box though, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it to us big car racers sometime in the future.

Comment

Working...
        X