Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

TC Design T1 Corvette takes Pole Position and track record at Runoffs!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Design T1 Corvette takes Pole Position and track record at Runoffs!

Big thanks to TC Design for another successful year in the T1/ST2 corvette. Runoffs was quite the experience. We ran 3 Majors weekends to qualify for Runoffs and put the T1 corvette on pole at every race and set the track record at each track. The trend continued at Runoffs with the car sitting pole in T1 and a new track record among a field of highly competitive drivers/cars. I was really looking forward to this race (actually I've been waiting for this race for years). But some asshat with 100+ more hp than my car punted me toward the turn 1 wall after the green flag and damaged my right side suspension in the process ending my race. Racing is a tough game sometimes... But we live and learn and continue to get faster and smarter. Just wanted to give thanks to Tony for his expertise and driver coaching during the week. I didn't know what to expect, but Tony's coaching was super helpful. Also Andrew and Glen, 2 great friends who took a week off their busy schedules to wrench on the car all week, look at my data, and tell me "go faster!". Thanks guys! We almost had a comeback in GT2 but had to retire with a broken hydraulic steering line which was collateral damage from the incident on Friday (bummer). It was still a good week meeting a bunch of racers I've seen in videos and forums over the years in person. Couple vids:

T1 Qual:

GT2 race:

Now, we make repairs to the car. Change some things to make it faster. And get ready for the Western Championships at Sonoma next month .
    99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
    99 Supermiata "Super"

Bill, youre our national champ, and thats all that matters. I remember seeing your in-car of the T1 final when that guy took you out. Wheres that?
    Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
    Robispec
    Girodisc
    SCM
    APR

Comment

Originally posted by Bueller View Post
      Bill, youre our national champ, and thats all that matters. I remember seeing your in-car of the T1 final when that guy took you out. Wheres that?
      Heh, thanks Ed! I don't like looking at or remembering the bad things that happen to me on the track so I didn't upload my video. Flink had a copy from his camera and uploaded it and that's probably what you saw. But here is the vid from my gopro. And here is my commentary:

Mustang behind me was trapping 9 mph faster at start/finish in qualifying sessions. Watch my right side mirror to see him hit my right rear and send me toward the wall. The first couple hits I think were attempts to bump me faster down the straight, but the 3rd I assume was accidental as he attempted to pass on the right. My car lost traction at all 4 wheels at that point but I was going to save it and make it down to T2. Unfortunately, the track bends left and my car was still on the trajectory it was when I was hit so I ended up colliding side to side with the car that punted me as he was turning left down to T2. After this contact, my right front wheel and suspension were broken in pieces and I skidded down to the sand trap with both feet in and the other 3 tires locked up.

I read in another forum where a guy thinks I over-corrected and hit the mustang after being sent toward the wall. This is not accurate. What actually happened is the track bends left so it looks like I'm correcting back to the right, but I'm actually travelling in a straight line. His car was turning left along with the track. Obviously when you are skidding with no grip your car travels in a straight line. It's pretty easy to see this if you look at the brake marker I was heading toward when I was hit and see that I continue to travel in that direction as I recover grip.

99 C5 corvette SCCA GT2
      99 Supermiata "Super"

Comment

Originally posted by redtopz View Post
        I read in another forum where a guy thinks I over-corrected and hit the mustang after being sent toward the wall. This is not accurate. What actually happened is the track bends left so it looks like I'm correcting back to the right, but I'm actually travelling in a straight line. His car was turning left along with the track. Obviously when you are skidding with no grip your car travels in a straight line. It's pretty easy to see this if you look at the brake marker I was heading toward when I was hit and see that I continue to travel in that direction as I recover grip.
        He turned you, he chose to be right next to a tank slapping car. He's also a jack@ss that needs to learn how to use the brake pedal when spinning.

Comment

Originally posted by redtopz View Post
          Heh, thanks Ed! I don't like looking at or remembering the bad things that happen to me on the track so I didn't upload my video. Flink had a copy from his camera and uploaded it and that's probably what you saw. But here is the vid from my gopro. And here is my commentary:

Mustang behind me was trapping 9 mph faster at start/finish in qualifying sessions. Watch my right side mirror to see him hit my right rear and send me toward the wall. The first couple hits I think were attempts to bump me faster down the straight, but the 3rd I assume was accidental as he attempted to pass on the right. My car lost traction at all 4 wheels at that point but I was going to save it and make it down to T2. Unfortunately, the track bends left and my car was still on the trajectory it was when I was hit so I ended up colliding side to side with the car that punted me as he was turning left down to T2. After this contact, my right front wheel and suspension were broken in pieces and I skidded down to the sand trap with both feet in and the other 3 tires locked up.

Post the thread where they think you over corrected. Whoever thinks that, or that youre somehow at fault, obviously hasnt seen this video. Unless that 88 orange mustang was shoved into you by another car, he caused that mess. I can see him punt your RR several times. An obvious recipe for disaster especially when his car has that much more power/acceleration compared to you. Nothing you could have done except maybe get lucky.
          Team Rambling Warrior Poet

RRE
          Robispec
          Girodisc
          SCM
          APR

Comment

Working...
          X