Chuckwalla, May 2-3 2015

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuckwalla, May 2-3 2015

Registration is now open at MotorSport Reg for our next Race & TT weekend. If you haven't run at Chuckwalla before, it is a real treat! 17 turns, some elevation change, lots of open run-off areas, and the best bathroom/shower facilities of any SoCal track.

This track is great for both beginners and experienced drivers. For beginners, you will find that most cars can run the course in one or two gears. Thus, you can really focus on your line, your breaking points, and your turn in points. For the experienced drivers, you will need to find your best spots for overtaking that car ahead of you that you just know is slower than you!

$280 for the weekend, 4 sessions per day of approximately 30 minutes each. $145 for single day entry.

More info and signup here.
    Terry Watson
    AROSC Competition Director

My engine build is on schedule for the race
    Terry, I am sorry to hear for your engine (along with your fender ). I may be able to source a junkyard engine for you, let me know if you consider that.

Comment

Originally posted by bawareca View Post
      I may be able to source a junkyard engine for you, let me know if you consider that.
      PM me. I have a lightly ported engine I bought as a spare, but I have never run it. Mazdatrix is going to put it on their test stand and run it. If ok, it will go in the car. If not ok, I may need that junkyard dog.
      Terry Watson

Comment

Wow, that's a good price. Maybe SPM should run with you guys . . .
        99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
        '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Slaysman View Post
          PM me. I have a lightly ported engine I bought as a spare, but I have never run it. Mazdatrix is going to put it on their test stand and run it. If ok, it will go in the car. If not ok, I may need that junkyard dog.
          Hopefully yours will be running good. If I find something i will definitely contact you.

Comment

you guys got this date on lock down? Interestingly Extremespeed has been advertising this date for chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by PeTeToTe View Post
              you guys got this date on lock down?
              It's a shared event
              Terry Watson

Comment

Originally posted by Red_5 View Post
                Wow, that's a good price. Maybe SPM should run with you guys . . .
                We do have a Spec Miata class now, all current NASA SM classification rules apply. We do have a Tech inspector specifically for this class. Sign up and run the race with us, remember we are a NO CONTACT club and if it happens it will be dealt with.

We would really love to get this group off the ground this year.

See you at the track.

Comment

Originally posted by PeTeToTe View Post
                  you guys got this date on lock down? Interestingly Extremespeed has been advertising this date for chuck.
                  It's a shared event
                  As an addition to Terrys comment, the race group has only AROSC racers in it. We do vett anyone that wants to run in this group to make sure they qualify to run.

Comment

Originally posted by 48yota View Post
                    We do have a Spec Miata class now, all current NASA SM classification rules apply. We do have a Tech inspector specifically for this class. Sign up and run the race with us, remember we are a NO CONTACT club and if it happens it will be dealt with.
                    Spec Miata and NO CONTACT in the same paragraph. That's rich . . .
                    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
                      Spec Miata and NO CONTACT in the same paragraph. That's rich . . .
                      HAHA, one has to be optomistic!

Comment

Originally posted by 48yota View Post
                        HAHA, one has to be optomistic!
                        No need. Guys like TonyP just pass you in the dirt "no contact." Tony taught me that at AROSC race school.

Comment

It's a shared event
                          Well there goes the neighborhood haha

Comment

Originally posted by ashleymiche View Post
                            Well there goes the neighborhood haha
                            You'll just get "the boyz" from the "other group" checking out yer ride while you're getting lunch!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0004%u00252520cropped.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	229814

Comment

Isn't it like 110+ at CVR in May?
                              Do you understand?

Comment

Working...
                              X