AROSCHPD October HPDE/TT/RACE Track event Laguna Seca October 20-21 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AROSCHPD October HPDE/TT/RACE Track event Laguna Seca October 20-21 2018

AROSCHPD will be a Laguna Seca this October. This event will sell out so be sure to get your entry in now.
    AROSC Racing, Time Trials, HPDE Club Race info at WeatherTech Raceway in Salinas, CA 93908 (031190)

This event is gonna be fun. 60 cars signed up so far. And would you believe it 14 of them are Alfa Romeos. Go figure. We get a lot of support from the Alfisti in Nor Cal.
    This means we will have our Alfa Only Run Group with "limited open passing".
    And get your self signed up for School in September. That way you will be in great shape for Laguna Seca in October.
    Bummer part of Laguna Seca is the 90dB sound limit. But that gives you a few months to quiet down your exhaust.

Comment

The race group is on my radar.
      Hopefully my 74 RSR #30 with mufflers and optional 90 degree exits will pass sound.
      Or at the least I can just bog it in 4th between T5 and T6.
      If you guys are at Reunion please stop at our pits and say hi, IMSA GTO Camaro #10.
      We'll have shade and a chair.
      Last edited by passmenow; 08-12-2018, 03:11 PM.
      74 911 RSR+
      88 IMSA Camaro

Comment

74 911 RSR+
        88 IMSA Camaro

Comment

Man, I love that Porsche!

Have any video of it driven in anger?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeColangelo View Post
            Man, I love that Porsche!

Have any video of it driven in anger?
            Thank you Mike, not very angry but here are the in car videos.

Back when it was black, wheel to wheel racing at Coronado chasing a million dollar historic LeMans top ten finishing 911.
            His 2 missed shifts made the last 2 laps interesting.
            https://youtu.be/HVw7MTTYZ3s?t=15m23s

Magazine article back when it was black primer.
            https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...r#.W3BIFehKiUk

Video of a DE day at Thermal, now Mexico Blue in the livery of the 77 Sebring 12 hour winner.
            https://youtu.be/YLB4hvzhM-g?t=3m47s
            Last edited by passmenow; 08-12-2018, 03:50 PM.
            74 911 RSR+
            88 IMSA Camaro

Comment

I'm getting a lot of interest from the Giulia Forum on this event. Seems a few from there as well as the 4C Forum will be attending. It seems some 4C's and Guilia's will be there, one from as faraway as Seattle, WA.

What's the sound rules? 92 db. How many fails before you're off the track?

Us Russell's will be there with two cars, GTV and 240z.
              Racer Z
              Escargot Racing
              2015 Alfa Romeo 4C

Comment

The entry list is growing. Over 100 cars so far, with 23 Alfa Romeos. 4 Giulia Quads should be interesting.
                There is still room in Race and the Alfa Only Group. The fast/experience TT2 is almost full.
                It's gonna be a fun weekend.
                See you at the track.
                92 dB, 3 strikes and you are out. And AROSC has to pay for the Sound People. Sort of like bringing your rope to your own hanging.
                ---------
                Bob I heard your dad,Art, had a bicycle incident and won't make the event. Best wishes to him. He should stick to race cars, they are a lot safer !!
                ----------
                Here's the Alfa Romeo line up so far:
                1972 GTV
                1965 GTV
                1966 GTV / GTA
                1966 GTV / GTA
                1967 Duetto
                1967 GT Junior
                1967 GTV
                1971 GTV
                1974 GTV
                1974 GTV
                1985 GTV6
                1985 GTV6
                1987 Milano
                1988 75
                1989 Milano
                2015 4C
                2015 4C
                2016 4c
                2018 Guilia
                2018 Guilia Quad
                2018 Guilia Quad
                2018 Guilia Quad
                2018 Guilia Quad

Comment

This event is shaping up very nicely! We are almost full in the lower level TT group. Still have maybe 10 spots in the faster more experienced TT group. Plenty of room in the Alfa Only TT group. The race group is up to 22 cars, and usually we pick up some more in the last week or so.

All makes and models welcome. Our W2W race group is an "open class" event. We run all W2W racers in one group, fast or slow, big or small. Come on out and compete for one of our $5.17 medallions!
                  Terry Watson
                  AROSC Competition Director

Comment

Originally posted by passmenow View Post

Thank you Mike, not very angry but here are the in car videos.

Back when it was black, wheel to wheel racing at Coronado chasing a million dollar historic LeMans top ten finishing 911.
                    His 2 missed shifts made the last 2 laps interesting.
                    https://youtu.be/HVw7MTTYZ3s?t=15m23s

Magazine article back when it was black primer.
                    https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...r#.W3BIFehKiUk

Video of a DE day at Thermal, now Mexico Blue in the livery of the 77 Sebring 12 hour winner.
                    https://youtu.be/YLB4hvzhM-g?t=3m47s
                    Pretty impressive driving for a "tall guy" LOL

I need to get some seat time in that beast!

craZee

Comment

Originally posted by SidewaysAlfa View Post
                      92 dB, 3 strikes and you are out. And AROSC has to pay for the Sound People. Sort of like bringing your rope to your own hanging.
                      ---------
                      Bob I heard your dad,Art, had a bicycle incident and won't make the event. Best wishes to him. He should stick to race cars, they are a lot safer !!

92 db and three strikes. Thanks for the response.

Dad (Art Russell) is doing better. Yes he fell off his bicycle and broke his hip. Surgery went well and he's in rehab now. He can walk and has some energy now, He's disappointed that he can't drive Laguna this year, but, is looking forward to being able to make the California Speedway event in December.

It seems that I'm the only Russell who can make the event now. Things do change and not always according to our plans. The 240z is almost ready. It seems we installed a clutch problem. If we can't resolve it I might be forced into bringing my 4C.

See all of you at the track!
                      Racer Z
                      Escargot Racing
                      2015 Alfa Romeo 4C

Comment

Nice list of Alfa's. It is too bad those GTV's increased in value. They are getting more scarce on track.

Wave if you see other racers on I 5. We will be at Runoffs at Sonoma raceway.

Honk for the Orange Corvette. That's me!

Comment

Almost ready to go.

Racer Z
                          Escargot Racing
                          2015 Alfa Romeo 4C

Comment

It is going to be a fun weekend. We are basically sold out. The Laurels Inn is out of rooms, hello Motel 6 !
                            The Time trial groups are closed/full. Intro Saturday has 16 drivers and is closed.
                            We have 25 Alfa Romeos in time trial, 4 of them Giulia Quads, 3 more Alfas in Race.
                            I see Panoz, McLaren, BMW, Corvettes, 1 Cadillac, a million Miatas, a Radical, Mercedes. Porches of all types, vintage IMSA Mustang Cobra.

If you are going to be there get there EARLY. Registration is at 7. We have over 120 people to get thru registration. First Drivers Meeting is at 8, first car on the track, Race, 9am.

Paul Blankenship
                            AROSC Dir of Intro, Instructor and whatever else Slaysman/Watson dumps on me

Comment

Working...
                            X