• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperMiata & Speed Ventures Cup Race

SuperMiata &
    Speed Ventures Low Desert Cup Rac
    e
    March 23-24 Chuckwalla Raceway

For the debut SuperMiata sprint race we're allowing any and all caged cars to run with us. No prize money but a cool trophy, Speed Ventures credits and yes, eternal glory. If we get 30 entries, we get our own group all day plus a credit for future events.

Just $20/day over the normal HPDE entry for the regular 100 minutes of HPDE time plus a 30 minute cup race! All caged race cars allowed. 2 basic classes: Big Bore 1997cc + or forced induction. Small Bore 1996cc or smaller, normally aspirated and also SuperMiata. Register online here: Speed Ventures - Track Event Detailed Information

SuperMiata prep guidelines:

PTE legal 90-05 Miata with following adjustments:
    Cars with zero aero are allowed 16.0 lbs/hp
    Cars with any non BTM aero (max of 7 NASA pts) are allowed 16.5 lbs/hp
    Spec tire is 225/45/15 NT01. Competitors may run 205/50/15 NT01 and/or 9" wheels.
    Minimum allowable comp weight: 2080
    Maximum allowable whp: 155
    All cars must comply with lbs/hp ratio
    * Bring a dyno sheet from the exact engine you are racing and expect to get weighed.
    WWW.949RACING.COM
    SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
    But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Guess my car qualifies for small bore!

Comment

Originally posted by hakeem View Post
      Guess my car qualifies for small bore!
      2x1.3L (two stroke)
      WWW.949RACING.COM
      SuperMiata

Comment

Looks really fun. I think I'm a long ways away from being able to participate, but have a couple questions since it would be really fun to set a goal of getting to the point where I could participate:

Is it just the same hp/weight ratio and min weight/max hp limits for both classes? I'm playing with numbers and I'd need 136whp to fit the power-weight limit... so kind of wondering if I could crank the wastegate down to 1-2 psi and mess around on a dyno to get that low, but seems like most anything big bore or forced induction would have trouble fitting those power/weight limitations, unless it was a full-interior MSM or something quite heavy. I suppose what I'm asking is why have two separate classes if everyone has to adhere to the same power and weight limits anyways?

I would expect most guys who do this would come with their PTE type cars and fit into the first class, so would be lame to go through the trouble and be the only one in the big bore/forced induction class...

Obviously there's plenty of other hurdles before my car could run with you guys - would need to make my 3/4 cage a full one, probably shouldn't run all the aero that could get messed up by rubbing with other cars, my tire of choice (RS-3) would make for a really odd pairing against NT-01 equiped cars - usually my advantage is power but if the power/weight limits are fixed, that's gone and there's no way to make up for less grip... but maybe I could run cheap NT-01 take-offs on my spare 15x8s... yeah, so if you want to just disregard my questions since there's a long way to go before I could play with you guys anyways, that's OK
        -Ryan
        Last edited by thepass; 03-10-2013, 11:26 AM.
        Ryan Passey
        Singulär Motorsports | Goodwin Racing

#13 1990 Miata
        "The sport dedicating to the spirits of time attacking motoring" -Emilio

Comment

Very interested,if "ANY AND ALL CAGED CARS" includes my caged E30.Is that for saturday,sunday or both days?
          Last edited by bawareca; 03-10-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bawareca View Post
            Very interested,if "ANY AND ALL CAGED CARS" includes my caged E30.Is that for saturday,sunday or both days?
            both days. And only $20 per race !!
            E30 is perfect. We are all about the same speed.
            S1 Supermiata - 220whp
            13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
            17 GT350R
            03 Miata Club Sport
            96 NSX
            06 EVO MR
            15 Mini Cooper S
            Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
              both days. And only $20 per race !!
              Great,I should be ready for saturday.Mine E30 should a bit faster,at least on the straights

Comment

Ryan,
                Supermiata is one class. Big Bore and Small Bore are for non-Miatas.
                WWW.949RACING.COM
                SuperMiata

Comment

I believe that this specific E30 has more power than both your racecars combined...
                  Moti

Blackbird Fabworx - Quality Performance Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
                    I believe that this specific E30 has more power than both your racecars combined...
                    Then he needs to do something to make it even up. Otherwise he is just going to pass everyone at the start, by himself for rest of the race. One hpde session is all that is.

That's what we plan to do on Supermiata. Both I and Emilio plan to run some crappy old tires (I will also take my full 170LB ballast) and make it a better race.
                    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
                    17 GT350R
                    03 Miata Club Sport
                    96 NSX
                    06 EVO MR
                    15 Mini Cooper S
                    Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

^^^ This is a free-for-all. Is it a race? Sure. Is it fair? I doubt it . . .
                      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Classing the SV big bore and small bore cars is up to Aaron. Im only responsible for Supermiata.
                        WWW.949RACING.COM
                        SuperMiata

Comment

That E30 also has a turbo, which puts it in the big bore class.

Comment

Originally posted by emilio700 View Post
                            Ryan,
                            Supermiata is one class. Big Bore and Small Bore are for non-Miatas.
                            Ah I see, I misunderstood the writing. If nothing else, this is going to make for an interesting show.
                            Ryan Passey
                            Singulär Motorsports | Goodwin Racing

#13 1990 Miata
                            "The sport dedicating to the spirits of time attacking motoring" -Emilio

Comment

Then he needs to do something to make it even up. Otherwise he is just going to pass everyone at the start, by himself for rest of the race. One hpde session is all that is.
                              That would be some hesitation on my side,but as an old school (old fart?) guy I would probably lower the boost to take the most fun out of the adventure.As the luck has it,my engine is out for a few small enhancements to make it suitable for the higher boost levels

Comment

Working...
                              X