Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCal - San Fernando Valley Race Car & Trailer Storage

Guys;
    I'm putting the feelers out to see who is looking for inexpensive (yet secure) storage of their trailer and/or race car? What I'm working on will be in the heart of the San Fernando Valley and for race cars & trailers only (no RV's, boats, ect..).

Due to it's location, who owns the land and who the neighbors are has the property under the watchful eye of Homeland Security (no lie)! So, if a gopher farts anywhere near your rig rest assured someone watched it happen and the fuzz will be dispatched to go catch the varmint.

I'll have pricing early next week but wanted to see if there is any interest.
    Last edited by John Mueller; 08-25-2012, 09:53 AM. Reason: typo
    --------------------
    Thanks,
    John
    NASA SM National Director
    http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
    #13 House Garage-built & Prepped Mid-Pack 1.6 SM / PTE / E3 Miata

If that's where I think it is. Next to 405 north of 101. That would be great for most here. It is on the way up to wsir, Buttonwillow and NorCal tracks. So one can pick it up and drop off on the way.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

Originally posted by bellwilliam View Post
      If that's where I think it is. Next to 405 north of 101. That would be great for most here. It is on the way up to wsir, Buttonwillow and NorCal tracks. So one can pick it up and drop off on the way.
      Indeed, the location is perfect for pick-up & drop-off (my car & trailer are there). It's up the 405 midway between the 101 & 118 near Van Nuys Airport, Shell Oil (neighbors), and the Budwiser facility. Easy on & off the fwy.
      Last edited by John Mueller; 08-25-2012, 11:15 AM.
      --------------------
      Thanks,
      John

Comment

Would access be 24/7 ?
        The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
        1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
        2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
        2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Glad to hear homeland security is watching the Budweiser facility, god help us if we were ever deprived of terrible beer.

Comment

^^^True story -- Tom Dragoun thinks Budweiser is the best beer in the world.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
              ^^^True story -- Tom Dragoun thinks Budweiser is the best beer in the world.
              Budweiser is pretty good.. Or at least the original is

Click image for larger version

Name:	budweiser.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	226517

Comment

But the days when the wind blows just right.... holy MOLY you know you are next to a brewery.

And I miss Busch Gardens.

You can tell I grew up just the other side of the airport...

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by robburgoon View Post
                  Glad to hear homeland security is watching the Budweiser facility, god help us if we were ever deprived of terrible beer.
                  I know right !?!?!?! I think it has to do more with the airport and the 100,000 gallons of gasoline that is very nearby.
                  --------------------
                  Thanks,
                  John

Comment

Would access be 24/7 ?
                    Unfortunately it will not be 24/7, hrs will be somewhat flexible if an appointment is made (and it's reasonable). Part of the reason this will only be available for racers is the lot is being used (and sub-let) by racers who understand what we go through and need.

Pricing will be in finalized mid-Monday.
                    Last edited by John Mueller; 08-26-2012, 12:52 PM.
                    --------------------
                    Thanks,
                    John

Comment

Originally posted by John Mueller View Post
                      Unfortunately it will not be 24/7, hrs will be somewhat flexible if an appointment is made (and it's reasonable). Part of the reason this will only be available for racers is the lot is being used (and sub-let) by racers who understand what we go through and need.

Pricing will be in finalized mid-Monday.
                      I think I would very likely need access at about 5:00 a.m. on the Saturday morning of SoCal races or track events, and again around 6:00 or 7:00 p.m. Sunday night. Is that doable?

Comment

I think I would very likely need access at about 5:00 a.m. on the Saturday morning of SoCal races or track events, and again around 6:00 or 7:00 p.m. Sunday night. Is that doable?
                        All these details are being worked-out but I know on SoCal NASA event weekends the lot/shop will be closed mid-Friday to get to the track.
                        --------------------
                        Thanks,
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by John Mueller View Post
                          All these details are being worked-out but I know on SoCal NASA event weekends the lot/shop will be closed mid-Friday to get to the track.
                          I don't see how that works for anyone except the guy running the lot. He wants to lock up and leave mid-Friday. I want to leave late Friday or very early Saturday morning, but I'm locked out. That's a no go for me.

Comment

Would working on the race car be allowed as well in the facility? I would be in if it has the benefits of a warehouse space but is cheaper due to the smaller amount of access.

Comment

I don't see how that works for anyone except the guy running the lot. He wants to lock up and leave mid-Friday. I want to leave late Friday or very early Saturday morning, but I'm locked out. That's a no go for me.
                              I could care less that it doesn't work you Richard and I'm sure no one else does either... Why not just keep it to yourself and not poison the well. Okay.

This deal isn't going to be perfect for everyone and 'storage' is not the primary function of location. This is not an "RV or U-Store-It" facility, it's a rather large parking lot behind an automotive service center. The service they will soon be offering is a something I asked them to consider offering because I felt there was a need.

Some guys just need a place to park to avoid hassles (ie: neighbors, wife, police, HOA regulations, parking tickets). Where I live (Burbank) I have to move anything that is parked on the street every 72hrs, so to save that hassle and the average five tickets I get each year ($43 each) I've started keeping my rig parked over there. I pick-it up 2-days in advance of the event, pack-up and I'm off to the track when it suits me. That's the kind of service this is going to be - I very much doubt it will work for the guy who wants to "grab it at 5am the day of the event on the way to the track". But you want to grab it on the way, the day before the event at 3pm - yeah that should work just fine.
                              Last edited by John Mueller; 08-27-2012, 09:44 AM.
                              --------------------
                              Thanks,
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X