Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Trial at Buttonwillow, March 26-27th

NEXT EVENT! March 24-27, 2011-Buttonwillow Raceway

Drivers School, Double Regional and Time Trials - Donít miss out on Cal Clubís version of March Madness. Driverís school for those that are ready to get your competition-driving license! 2.5 days of intense instruction and go racing on Sunday!

Double Regional for those who have a competition license with two different course configurations in one weekend. 27 CW on Saturday and 1 CW on Sunday.

And for those who are not ready to go racing, bring the family sedan out and experience the on track feeling by entering the Time Trials. Time Trials will let you enjoy the feeling on being on track without the wheel-to-wheel competition. Bring out the family sedan, a helmet and you are ready to go! Instructors will be on hand to help you out! Come on out to Buttonwillow Raceway Park and enjoy all Cal Club has to offer.

On line registration is open
    SCCA - California Sports Car Club/CalClub > Upcoming Events - MotorsportReg.com
    To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

The Time Trial sessions are only $200 for the weekend to drive Saturday AND Sunday.

The Super School is almost full at 25 drivers, but the Time Trial session only has 8 drivers so far! It sounds like a lot of open track time to me. They usually have instructors for the drivers doing Time Trial.

Think of the Time Trial as just a track day or HPDE since it is really more like that, but a very friendly, casual and supportive environment. You will likely get a chance to walk portions of the course with an instructor during the lunchtime downtime.

Oli

Comment

I am racing in ITA (and maybe SM) at this event in a rented Miata -- assuming good weather.
      The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
      1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
      2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
      2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

I need to get my priorities straight... RTA or SCCA/NASA

I may jump ship next year...
        -MattDennison
        Road///RaceEngineering - FederalTires - ROBISPEC /// - OdysseyBatteries - ACT - SPY+optics

Comment

Only one week to go. You have until tomorrow night to avoid late registration at MotorsportReg.com : Online registration management tools for driving and social events. You can even register now and wait until you get to the track to pay and still not pay the late registration fee.

Entrants will also get some coaching from instructors if they wish.

Oli

Comment

The race on Saturday is Config. 27-CW, which is the West Loop only. Those dang students are taking up the East Loop. Sunday the race is on 1-CW.

I guess Oli originally posted this info, but I never read what he writes and it only hit me when I pulled the CalClub weekend schedule this afternoon. Weather is looking good. Rain should end on Friday.

1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
              I guess Oli originally posted this info, but I never read what he writes....
              That is because you are too busy Time Trialing yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Olitho View Post
                That is because you are too busy Time Trialing yourself.
                Better than you Time Trialing me.

Comment

Working...
                X