I hate Streets of Willow !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hakeem View Post
    They have the potential to create a cool looking accident, which is at least entertaining to spectators.
    dukes of hazard style accident!!
    4.6lbs / whp -- 4lbs / bhp

Comment

The hay bales forced you to brake through the middle of the traditional chicane, rather than doing it all at the bottom of the hill. The thinking was that if you blow the braking at the bottom of the hill, you can get to the front straight/hot pit and do some real damage (Oli has come close on this one). With the hay, missing the braking points you at a bit of an angle so you get more dirt to fly though before merging with traffic on the front straight. A bit disappointing as a driver, but you can certainly see SV's point in wanting to apply preventative measures.

Plaintiff's Attorney: Mr. Bitterman, isn't it true that you were aware of the risk from this track configuration and yet chose to overlook the risk?
      Mr. Bitterman: Sure. But I hosted a lovely 10th anniversary dinner for the competitors who survived.
      Plaintiff's Attorney: Mr. Bitterman, do you feel responsible for the loss of Mr. Seegman's life in the incident?
      Mr. Bitterman: Uh, we poured a little out for Richard at the festivities, which I figured would cover it.
      Plaintiff's Attorney: No further questions.

Comment

^^^ Sprinkle my ashes at Infineon.
        The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
        1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
        2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
        2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDayHookey View Post
          Plaintiff's Attorney: Mr. Bitterman, isn't it true that you were aware of the risk from this track configuration and yet chose to overlook the risk?
          Mr. Bitterman: Sure. But I hosted a lovely 10th anniversary dinner for the competitors who survived.
          Plaintiff's Attorney: Mr. Bitterman, do you feel responsible for the loss of Mr. Seegman's life in the incident?
          Mr. Bitterman: Uh, we poured a little out for Richard at the festivities, which I figured would cover it.
          Plaintiff's Attorney: No further questions.
          Now that stuff there is just too good.

And a great response Mr. Seegman.

Oli
          To the right of The Sheriff. Isn't everyone?

Comment

So is this new hay bale obstacle only on SV SOW track days or will this be standardized with other clubs? Is this a SV policy or track policy?

lol at TrackDayHookey and Richard.
            Zhong (Evo IX) | Angry Panda Racing

1:53.396 @ BRP CW13 - 11/14/13
            1:47.2xx @ Laguna Seca - 11/28/10
            2:03.026 @ Thill CCW Bypass - 12/20/14
            2:05.100 @ CVR CCW - 1/16/11
            1:58.151 @ CVR CW - 5/5/13
            1:25.56x @ WSIR - 10/13/13
            1:23.128 @ SOW CW - 7/27/14
            1:22.2xx @ SOW CCW - 7/26/14
            1:46.0xx @ ACS Roval - 11/23/14
            1:11.299 @ ACS Infield - 5/18/14

Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at WSIR
            2nd Fastest Limited/Mod Class Evo in Time Attack at BRP 13CW

Comment

Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
              ^how da heck did you end up there? Thats midway down the back straight going CW right? And you were off to the infield?
              now that is a special trick you Lotus drivers don't understand =p
              momofoolio Racing - http://momofoolio.webs.com

2nd Gen momofoolio Racing Time Attack S2000 - 07 Laguna Blue

Now Full Time Drift Machine - 93 Silvia 240SX S13 KA24DE"T"

New Drift Project - 98 LS14

W2W Companion - 90 NA6 Miata

Special Thanks: WestEnd Alignment, Rising Star Motors, APR Performance, SportCar Motion, Pit Garage, eXtremeSpeed, PuddyModRacing, Berk Technology & Amsoil

Forever Missed: 04 G35, 04 Miata, 04 BMW 325ci, 02 S2000, 91 & 98 Nissan 240SX

Comment

Originally posted by Pure EvoIX View Post
                So is this new hay bale obstacle only on SV SOW track days or will this be standardized with other clubs? Is this a SV policy or track policy?

lol at TrackDayHookey and Richard.
                The hay was an SV decision.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDayHookey View Post
                  The hay was an SV decision.
                  Aaron has gotten uncharterstically conservative and cautious in his old age. What's next? A cone chicane in Turn 8 on the WSIR big track?
                  The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                  1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                  2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                  2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Working...
                  X