X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ayon
    started a topic Hotel reccomondations near SOW

Hotel reccomondations near SOW

My wife is headed out to the track with me and she has requested that "we don't stay somewhere ghetto". Any advice?

• ayon
    replied
    Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
    +1. Also, Rob is a notorius cheapskate. To him, the Town House is a real splurge, like the Four Seasons or the Ritz Carlton. To most of the rest of us, it's a dump.
    thanks, this is exactly what I needed. I'll be up there on for the speedventures event sep 11

Leave a comment:

• SteveLevin
    replied
    Motorhome.

It doesn't actually save any money but there is an exponential increase in the spousal happiness quotient.

I am amazingly lucky in that my wife comes with me 90% of the time we go to the track.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    Originally posted by Vince S. View Post
    Wifey's idea of ghetto is very different from us. I know it all too well. Men in general can sleep anywhere, even in the track car if we have to.

Way I see this, your wife has agreed to accompany you to a track day. Get a nicer place for her to rest That's the only right thing to do.

Try one of these:

Hilton Garden Inn.
    Courtyard Palmdale.
    Hampton Inn.

(sorry town house guys!)
    +1. Also, Rob is a notorius cheapskate. To him, the Town House is a real splurge, like the Four Seasons or the Ritz Carlton. To most of the rest of us, it's a dump.

Leave a comment:

• Red_5
    replied
    I haven't been to the Town House Inn, I will next time I go to Willow Springs, but I would stay at the Hampton Inn if my wife ever joined me for a track weekend. She has higher standards than me.

e

Leave a comment:

• Vince S.
    replied
    Wifey's idea of ghetto is very different from us. I know it all too well. Men in general can sleep anywhere, even in the track car if we have to.

Way I see this, your wife has agreed to accompany you to a track day. Get a nicer place for her to rest That's the only right thing to do.

Try one of these:

Hilton Garden Inn.
    Courtyard Palmdale.
    Hampton Inn.

(sorry town house guys!)

Leave a comment:

• robburgoon
    replied
    Town House! Not ghetto. A fine establishment.
    661-942-1195
    Ask for your Burgoon discount like Manly mentioned (thanks!)

Ignore Richard or as we call him Sir Grumps-a-lot.

Leave a comment:

• Richard EVO
    replied
    I think your wife will consider the Towne House ghetto.

There are some nice business suite hotels in Palmdale, right off the 14 freeway a few miles south of where the Lancaster motel row is. Like Marriott Courtyard and places like that. I think they are around Avenue P.

The only real benefit to the Towne House is that you get the Burgoon Welcome pak, which, in honor of Rob, includes tampons. Most racers can't use them, but since you are travelling with your wife, well . . .
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 08-19-2009, 07:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mlk_f1
    replied
    +1 for Town House. rooms are clean and safe overnite parking. You can also mention Rob Burgoon to get discounts.

Leave a comment:

• ELO168
    replied
    are you going this weekend?
    Go to Town house Motel
    44125 No. Sierra Hwy
    Lancaster, Ca 93534
    Tel #661-942-1195
    Ask for Kundan, tell her you are with Touring car club
    She will give you discount

Thanks/Edmond

Leave a comment: