2011/9/25 Streets of Willow- xtremespeed NSX video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011/9/25 Streets of Willow- xtremespeed NSX video

A video I threw together lastnight of this past Sunday in my NSX, tried to make something that i could hold the interest on non-motorhead types too. Volume up and enjoy

Willem

that orange / white / silver striped 911 - is that the real deal ? factory Porsche Hybrid 911 race car ? or just a wannabe ?
    my new Miata has the same paint scheme.
    S1 Supermiata - 220whp
    13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
    17 GT350R
    03 Miata Club Sport
    96 NSX
    06 EVO MR
    15 Mini Cooper S
    Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

I think its just a gt3 rs with the scheme/wing/tune

Guy is really fast though.

Comment

What's with the removed mirror?

Comment

Whats the song in the video?
          Milkshake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The removed mirror is to get better view/footage of whats happening on track. Im so tall and the NSX is so low that when i'm coming out of the banked bowl, clockwise, the straight up to the chicane is almost totally blocked buy the mirror.

the song is called 'Smoke and Mirrors' by RJD2

Comment

^ that was the same reason I removed my interior rear view mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by mlk_f1 View Post
                ^ that was the same reason I removed my interior rear view mirror.
                because Manly is tall ?
                S1 Supermiata - 220whp
                13 Tesla, ma: no engine !!
                17 GT350R
                03 Miata Club Sport
                96 NSX
                06 EVO MR
                15 Mini Cooper S
                Beck 550 Spyder

Comment

ha its for the camera to get better footage when i mount it between the driver and passenger seat.

Comment

Originally posted by illwillem View Post
                    A video I threw together lastnight of this past Sunday in my NSX, tried to make something that i could hold the interest on non-motorhead types too. Volume up and enjoy
                    Willem
                    Do you have the original U.S. market gearing, or a JDM gear set?
                    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

All stock US transmission stuff, unfortunately. The plan is to get the 4.44 and JDM 5-speed early next year. The car is still pretty new to me, only 7 months or so.

So far its just KW's, ECU tune, exhaust, headers, intake, brakes and tires. Slower that my old S2k but much more rewarding to drive.

Made a big order last night though to get it more track reliable, working my way up. :]

Comment

I see myself at 3:52 hollleeeeeeer. Saw you driving around but didn't know you were on trackhq. I was the one with stunner shades and a t-shirt wrapped around my dome that complimented you on your wheelz

Comment

clean car and neat video!
                          -DanBev

2005 Mustang 4.0L(->4.6L)
                          Mineral Grey

FUN!

Comment

Originally posted by illwillem View Post
                            All stock US transmission stuff, unfortunately. The plan is to get the 4.44 and JDM 5-speed early next year. The car is still pretty new to me, only 7 months or so.

So far its just KW's, ECU tune, exhaust, headers, intake, brakes and tires. Slower that my old S2k but much more rewarding to drive.
                            I was 1 second slower around Infineon in my NSX than in my S2K, but I think its me holding back and not wanting to crash the NSX. It has to be faster than an S2K once you really learn to drive it and give up the fear of damage.

As for the shorter rear end, you should also get a clutch-type LSD at the same time. The JDM prices are scary though -- twice what I thought it should be. I haven't taken that plunge yet and still have the US gearing and rear end. Pretty crazy that the car does 82 mph in SECOND GEAR.
                            The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                            1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                            2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                            2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

I know EXACTLY what you mean, sounds kinda weird but I almost still feel like its not really my car yet. like im just borrowing it for a lunch lap or something. I did feel better this time out though, even though my lap times were slower than driving the streets CCW.

Check out the video for that day too:

I think the reason is I'm not brave enough to keep it planted through the rise in the back straight to the chicanes- I can feel myself probably losing about a second and a half through there. You can see Cosmin rocket away through there (awesome driving BTW) at the end of the video while I pussyfoot through. :]

I just ordered a sump, oil cooler, billet oil gear, racing rad, fans, bracing and some r888's rcomps and some other odds and ends. After i get over the sticker shock from this order i'm for sure going to start sourcing gears, finial drive and the LSD (3.5k WTF!) Since that overall is my biggest complaint about the car.. You have to be doing 90+ to hit vtec in 3rd?

Good news is, after that I should be happy as a clam.

Comment

Working...
                              X