Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Top Advertisment

Collapse

Jason Cappelli does a little drifting during his Red group session at Speed Ventures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Cappelli does a little drifting during his Red group session at Speed Ventures

I can just watch Jason's video and I know that he REALLY likes driving his NISSAN GT-R, and driving it FAST too. Check out this American Race Day video and tell us what you think about it.

Kent Elliott
    Canyon Run Videos
    email: sales@canyonrunvideos.com

I think the advertisement at the beginning is so long and boring that I gave up watching before the video started. Weren't you going to look into becoming a sponsor here?
    Last edited by Richard EVO; 06-06-2012, 07:40 AM.
    The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
    1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
    2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

For the record

Drifting
      Getting sideways before entering a turn.

Oversteer
      Getting sideways in the turn

Power oversteer
      Getting sideways at the exit of the turn from the application of too much torque

The video shows power oversteer in a 500whp all wheel drive car with advanced computer aided stability control.
      WWW.949RACING.COM
      SuperMiata

Aside from their cost I never understood why people race them.
      But obviously I just dont get it. -fatbillybob

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
        I think the advertisement at the beginning is so long and boring that I gave up watching before the video started. Weren't you going to look into becoming a sponsor here?
        You mean to say that 56 seconds of overlays at the start of a video is too much? How dare you.

Comment

Originally posted by hakeem View Post
          You mean to say that 56 seconds of overlays at the start of a video is too much? How dare you.
          Hey, he isn't advertising.
          99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
          '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by CanyonRunVideos View Post
            I can just watch Jason's video and I know that he REALLY likes driving his NISSAN GT-R, and driving it FAST too. Check out this American Race Day video and tell us what you think about it.
            Since you asked, overall it's pretty good but with a few problems.

What kind of camera is the handheld operator using? He needs sticks.

I'm not an editor by any stretch but after the long but cool intro ad, I was expecting higher quality edits. The number of cameras used is impressive, just work on using them better and work on matching you cuts so they don't draw attention to themselves.
            99 Mazda Miata SuperMiata #515 - AKA Sparky SOLD
            '91 Mariner Blue Miata project AKA Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Richard EVO View Post
              nothing against the video but i also stop watching after 5 seconds or so

Comment

^Same. If i knew what time code the "drifting" happened at, maybe i'd have skipped straight to it, but nope. And yeah, that super long intro/advert is ridiculous for the effort spent on editing. My basic iMovie skills could have cut and spliced better than that.

Comment

I guess we should tell him what we REALLY mean . . .
                  The deposed former Sheriff of trackHQ . . .

2006 Porsche 997 Carerra Coupe 6-MT - daily driver
                  1992 Honda (Acura) NSX 5-MT - classic investment I couldn't resist and occasionally drive
                  2004 Honda S2000 AP2 6-MT - my last track day car (FOR SALE or not, depending on how I feel when I fall out of bed tomorrow morning)
                  2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR 6-MT - when I need a backseat, 4-doors, or a real trunk, and still want to haul ass . . .

Comment

Working...
                  X