This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 25 Watkins Glen Lap Times

Post only your PB laptime on this thread. Make a new thread if you want to start a discussion. We will update this list periodically. When the list is full, please don't submit your time if it is slower then the last person on the list. Also, we will delete your post after your info is updated on the list to keep the thread clean.

You are only allow to submit your own lap time. One entry per driver per track config. We will only list your fastest time if more than one entry is submitted by the same driver.

Please include info in the following format:

track config if necessary; laptime (name; car; tires; HP(crank otherwise stated)/Weight(w/o driver otherwise stated); Month/Yr; optional link to Video or time sheet)

Example:
    BW#13CW; 1:22.323 (Mika Hakkinen; McLaren MP4; Michelin Soft; 800whp/1,300lbs w/driver; Dec/01)

Note: The .x's submitted with your times will be equivalent to a digit 9.

Top 25 Watkins Glen Lap Times, With "The Boot"
    1. 1:51.274 (Billy Johnson; M3 GTD - IMSA GTD; Continental Slick; ~550HP; 3,000lbs)
    2. 2:03.920 (Andrew Morton; 1992 BMW 325is; A7's; 239HP; 2600lbs; video)
    3. 2:17.4 (J Wells; 2014 Porsche 911 Carrera S; GiroDisc rotors and Pagid pads; Yokohama AD08R tires 19"; 400 crank hp; 3,200 lbs)
    4. 2:19.7 (J Wells; 2011 BMW M3 sedan; Dinan stage III suspension (-2.3fr, -1.8r camber), StopTech BBK, Dinan catless exhaust w software, Toyo Proxes RR tires 275/35-18; 450 crank hp; 3,600 lbs)

Top 25 Watkins Glen Lap Times, Short Course, Without "The Boot"
    1. 1:13.041 (Billy Johnson; NASCAR Nationwide; Goodyear Slick; ~650HP; 3500lbs)
    www.TrackHQ.com

WGI long course

2:17.4 (J Wells; 2014 Porsche 911 Carrera S; GiroDisc rotors and Pagid pads; Yokohama AD08R tires 19"; 400 crank hp; 3200 lbs)

2:19.7 (J Wells; 2011 BMW M3 sedan; Dinan stage III suspension (-2.3fr, -1.8r camber), StopTech BBK, Dinan catless exhaust w software, Toyo Proxes RR tires 275/35-18; 450 crank hp; 3600 lbs)

Comment

Standings updated.
      www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

With boot. 2:03.920 (Andrew Morton; 1992 BMW 325is; A7's; 239HP; 2600lbs; video)

In the final lap of the 2016 NASA Eastern States Championship. I believe that's 0.6s outside the GTS3 track record - give me another couple of laps and I'd have been into the 2:02's, I promise.

Started P12 due to BS DQ on the Friday, finished P4. Fairly pleased. I was catching P3 at better than 1s/lap, finished on his bumper, having lost half the race to pace car laps I may yet podium - rumor has it that P2 will be DQ'ed for contact but the official results aren't out yet.

It's a wonderful track - I love it. Beautiful part of the world. The track is so smoooooth after the recent repave and fast as hell - my average speed was 98.x mph. The slowest turn is 70mph - the only place where I was using 3rd.

Brett, do you know what happened in the NP01 race? I see the four fast cars all got DQ'ed so the remaining two backmarkers took 1st and 2nd. Dying of curiosity.

Comment

I think they passed under yellow, but I'm not entirely sure just yet. You can be sure I'll have the facts straight in the report in Speed News.

Nice to see you at the Glen and congratulations on a solid performance there. I wish I could have driven the track, but at the same time I don't envy those who had to come in cold and try to learn the track and go fast there.

That's probably one of the most interesting tracks in the country because of its layout, camber in the turns and the elevation changes.
          www.TrackHQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by ucfbrett View Post
            I think they passed under yellow, but I'm not entirely sure just yet. You can be sure I'll have the facts straight in the report in Speed News.
            OK, thanks. Four of them!

Nice to see you at the Glen and congratulations on a solid performance there. I wish I could have driven the track, but at the same time I don't envy those who had to come in cold and try to learn the track and go fast there.
            I did a zillion iRacing laps and that did help - simply knowing what was coming up next. Saved me 2-3 sessions, perhaps.

I traditionally take aaaaages to get up to speed at new tracks, but I was totally confident by the Sunday. 2/3rds of the way through my final lap I was 0.2s faster than the track record, but then I caught the P3 guy.

That's probably one of the most interesting tracks in the country because of its layout, camber in the turns and the elevation changes.
            It's a magical surface. So smooth and super high-grip. My data is showing 1.6g lateral in many places and 1.8 here and there.

Comment

Long Course:

2:00.850 (Billy Johnson; 2016 Shelby GT350R-C - IMSA CTSCC; 275 Continental Slick; <526HP; 3700lbs)

1:51.274 (Billy Johnson; M3 GTD - IMSA GTD; Continental Slick; ~550HP; 3,000lbs)

Short Course:

1:13.041 (Billy Johnson; NASCAR Nationwide; Goodyear Slick; ~650HP; 3500lbs)

Comment

Working...
              X